Monday, April 30, 2012

Blue Monday - Giant Cupcake

Hello! It's Blue Monday! For complete instructions, just click here.

Blue Monday Bloggers have the largest collection of blue finds.

Please visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links. Wish them a Happy Blue Monday and make their day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I dragged (ahem) took Johnny to Hobby Lobby this week. I was on the lookout for things of Blue. Of course, we spotted something right inside the store. Look what we found!

There was a large display of ceramic cupcakes. They had a cookie jar, but although Johnny took a picture (using his cell phone) it somehow disappeared before we got home. {sigh} Nevertheless, he did manage to get a shot of this giant cupcake. It's really a huge 24" platter. There's Blue everywhere on the design. The bottom is striped Blue and some of the "candies" decorating the icing are Blue.



No, I did not buy the platter nor the cookie jar. If it suits your taste, I'm sure there's at least one left waiting for your purchase. But please tell me, how would you use it?

Happy Blue Monday!


1. Aktuella bilder, Sweden
2. Wreaths, Blooms and Buys!
3. Jim, Sydney, Australia
4. XyeXyrus
5. HansHB - Norway
6. Keppel Bay, Sg
7. Jeanne, backyard neighbor
8. Rita aka Cashjocky
9. Marit
10. Rinkly Rimes
11. JanzCrystalz
12. Reflections
13. Sweet Nothings
14. Savannah Granny
15. Riet, Holland
16. dsahmblogs
17. Mine fotoblog
18. Pie
19. SwedishCornerDownUnder
20. Luna Miranda
21. Leovi
22. Tina´s PicStory
23. Carol Ann - Rockwell Print
24. 4U2
25. Magical Mystical Teacher
26. mizhelle
27. Kim, USA
28. Black Eyed Susans Kitchen
29. J.Rye
30. Rose
31. Spaceship Earth
32. Anne's Phamily
33. Chubskulit
34. Disney Princesses
35. Pretty Basket
36. Spring Rolls
37. LadyD
38. Tin and Sparkle
39. The French Hutch
40. Lina
41. Salmagundi
42. hapzydeco
43. Pat - Brooklyn, New York
44. Conghaile Cottage
45. John McElveen
46. Schotzy@Wings of Eagles
47. Toves Foton
48. Adin B
49. Joy@Books and Life
50. Jessica Cassidy

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huge indeed.

HansHB said...

Great cupcake!
But I will not buy it!
Happy Blue Monday to you!

Kranky Granny said...

I was also at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago and saw this exact set. If I had not downsized my life I would have been tempted to purchase it.

Unknown said...

Hello,
I wish you a nice new spring week.
Marit ..

Savannah Granny said...

That platter is too cute!! I personally love cupcakes. Have a great week and Happy Blue Monday. Ginger

cassandrasminicorner said...

That is so cool and so big:)

Vores have said...

Mmm, such a cake, I could just eat.
Beautiful picture.
Wishing you a good day / good new week.
Hanne Bente / hbt.finus.dk

Fashion Momma said...

It's pretty but if I had that, I don't know if I will be able to use it too. It would just probably be on display together with my other ceramics.

Happy Blue Monday Sally!

My Blue Monday.

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Happy Blue Monday!
Wow, what a cupcake :) I'd have it out on display.
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Anonymous said...

huge cupcake but cute..:)

Unknown said...

an interesting design for a platter.:p

Blue Monday: Sconces

Tina´s PicStory said...

what an inviting blue :)

4U2 said...

Happy Blue Monday!

Marice said...

Whoa! Thats really huge!

Happy Blue Monday Sally!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

That is a very eye catching platter Sally...seems perfect for a party. Happy Blue Monday...have a great week.
Susan

Annesphamily said...

Tat is such a sweet platter! I always appreciate you and your blues! Have a super day!

LadyD Piano said...

Decor for a kid's b'day party, for sure! Just too delicate for my grandsons but a pretty blue. So glad you and Johnny went on the outing together!

Anonymous said...

I did see a lot of cupcake-styled things at HL a week or two ago. I thought it was cute but didn't need anything like it, and it would make me crave sugar more than I already do.

My name is Riet said...

Wow, happy blue Monday Sally.

The French Hutch said...

Pretty blue in the cupcake Sally. Thanks for hosting.
Have a great week.

~Emily
the French Hutch

Lina Gustina said...

Pretty huge cupcake. I just love seeing it, cause I don't like too sweet ones.

http://www.1sthappyfamily.com/2012/04/monday-night-post.html

Jeanne said...

Good morning Sally, It was late last night and I didn't comment.

It made me smile to think of you and Johnny going to Holly Lobby to find blue. The first thing I think of when I am out and about is to find blue and pink. There isn't much to share that I haven't already posted about in my home.

The cup cake would make a grand platter to put cupcakes on for a BD party. However, I do not do that with our children spread out everywhere. I liked it though. We do not have a Hobby Lobby anywhere near where we live. sigh!

Wishing you happy sunny days my friend.
Love, Jeanne

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This was a nice big platter, Sally. It would be perfect as a serving dish for a children's party. I bet the cookie jar was also pretty. Happy Blue Monday!

Leovi said...

Nice! I love ice cream!

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

That is SO DARN CUTE! I love all the cupcake thingys out now! This one is VERY DIFFERENT! The icing looks ROSEY! LOVE IT! "BUT" no HOBBY LOBBYs here "So I'm Safe",hehe!
Thank you for hosting "AND" I'm blue this week "SO I'VE JOINED in the fun!
Have a wonderful week,
Hugs,
Donna

Full-On-Forward said...

Awesome Sally! I imagine Blue WAS all over that place!

J

Tove said...

Ohh, that´s huge!! But quite cute :)
Happy Monday!... or what´s left of it...

mommy Orkid Belle said...

That is definitely huge! :) So cute! Mine is up for Blue MOnday. Blue sky we have today! :)

joyh82 said...

That is so cute. My son's fiance
loves watching Cupcake Wars and Cake Boss. Happy Blue Monday!

Jessica said...

the cupcake is huge and it is beautifully BLUE :-) Happy Blue Monday Ms. Sally :-)

http://adventurousjessy.blogspot.com/2012/04/we-bought-new-pool-solar-cover.html

Annesphamily said...

I had to stop by and tell you Sally, I visited each and every blog today that celebrates Blue Monday! It is quite an accomplishment for me! I just sat down and had so much fun visiting each one! Enjoy the week! Thank you for hosting each week!

pembrokeshire lass said...

Hi Carol Ann recommended that I look at your blog and go for blue Monday as I have so many blue things in my latest blog. We'll see if I can get it right as I have tried another blog and couldn't do the part showing my blog correctly....or something!! Anyway. Have a great weekend. Joan