Monday, August 18, 2014

Blue Monday - The Day I Turned GREEN!

Hello! Welcome to Blue Monday! For complete instructions, just click here.

Please check your link to make certain it's working correctly. Sometimes computers "help" us by filling in what they "think" we want to type, and sometimes that information is incorrect.

Please leave a comment for me; I guarantee that I'll visit and leave one for you. Visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links and leaving comments. If it's too much for one day, come back later in the week. Make someone's day when you wish them a Happy Blue Monday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several weeks ago, the beautiful Blue background wallpaper that I've had on this blog for several years just disappeared (out of the Blue!) and in its place appeared gray circles enclosing negative signs. Although it was super ugly and bothered me, I didn't take the time to try to fix it. (Truly, I did not know how, and I thought hoped that it was only looking like this on MY computer!) After all, no one mentioned it.


Finally, Jenny from TwoTumbleweeds brought it to my attention this past week when she commented:
What about a soft, blue background without a pattern for your blog background that doesn't distract from your photos. Instead of your nice photos all I see are the circles with minus signs which is also negative. Sorry this isn't a happy comment.
Then I realized that not just me, but EVERYONE COULD SEE THE SILLY CIRCLES!

Friends, I've never claimed to be bright, but it's times like these that cause me to realize how dense I am!

(I only wish that I was this pretty and blonde.)

I clicked some clicks and clicked some more. I'm not sure just what I did, but I ended up with a totally GREEN blog--about this color GREEN. Ugh! That's the worst thing that could happen to a lover of Blue. To make matters worse, I LOST all my stuff! I frantically began calling for help. I called several people--all were sympathetic, but no one could help. I even sent emails. One blogger sent me a link, but when I tried it, I was blocked.

Jeanne from Backyard Neighbor was one blogger I called. She got on her computer and witnessed my ugly GREEN blog. (Just ask her; she'll tell you that it was "not Sally.") Meanwhile, I continued click, click, clicking--trying to change things back.



BJ from SweetNothings came to my rescue. She spent a good bit of time on the phone helping. In fact, when we finished, she looked something like this.


I really appreciate everyone's help. Meanwhile, I've cleaned up my blog a bit and changed a few things.

I leave you with a question. What about all the awards that line my sidebar? They take up so much room that it's hard to see my bookshelf way down at the bottom. Should I move them to a separate page? Should I delete them? What do you suggest?


Happy Blue Monday!

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.



37 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I saw that funny looking background last week ,Sally, but I thought it was a temporary glitch! I'm glad Jeanne and bj were able to help you out. It has been so long since I set up my blog I'd have to re-learn everything all over again if something like this happened to it. Your awards look nice on your sidebar. I exchanged mine with photos and quotes years ago when I stopped accepting blog awards.



Lina Gustina said...

Sally, similar with Pat, I thought it's a temporary trouble. I've ever seen it happens to other blogs but I don't know how to fix it.
Enjoying the new look, simple but still lovely.
You may place the awards on the separate page.

www.1sthappyfamily.com/2014/08/indonesia-independence-day.html

Unknown said...

For some reason it would not let me link tonight! Had no trouble last time. Happy blue Monday!

Unknown said...

For some reason it would not let me link tonight! Had no trouble last time. Happy blue Monday!

Unknown said...

For some reason it would not let me link tonight! Had no trouble last time. Happy blue Monday!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had to go through all of that trouble! Am happy for you, you were able to sort it out:):) I like the subtle background you have now! Some people put the award in one folder or slide show on the sidebar. Others leave it off their blog, and store it on their computer - whatever you like to do, because it's your blog:)

Gerald (SK14) said...

Glad you sorted out the background problem I like your new one. As for all the "widgets" as they are called on the sidebar - I would get rid of all but the essential ones - it looks cleaner - most folk don't even look at them - each one makes the blog load up slowly (maybe only seconds on a fast connection but ..) - and it only takes one of them to go wrong for some reason and it can prevent the whole thing from loading up.

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

I love the blue! Glad you sorted it. I'm with Gerald, I'd remove everything you can from the side bar. I'd put the awards on an award page.

Chubby Chieque said...

Am back from a long summer absence. Hope to catch up with your party.

Greetings,
/CC

EricaSta said...

Yes it's true, I asked me Even I see the background before, why are this Traffic picture is .... .... I think also this Blue now is better.

Today I send my Blue picture: It's my husband in Jeans ... You get a yeansblue Color :)

Many greetings by Heidrun

Hannah said...

I thought the circles and minus signs were strange, I noticed them on someone's profile picture too. Blogger does strange things sometimes. I had problems once when I accidentally deleted my blog and caused problems when I tried to restore it. The blue water edges look very cooling, and the cartoons are cute.

Anni said...

I took all my awards away as they made my blog slow. No one more than the person giving you the award is really interested in them anyway.

I can't say I saw any funny background here, but it once happaned to me that my background disappeared and I was quite terrified! A couple of days later it was back again, it had something to do with "The cutest blog on the block" and not with me.

Happy Blue Monday!

bj said...


Glad your blog is all pretty and blue again. It looks nice.
All the awards and other unnecessary things on a sidebar make your blog load slower so I'd either remove all you can or put them on a PAGE.
I think most people never even notice them.
Happy Blues....

Anonymous said...

Ah---technology! I thought I was just having trouble loading your blog...
I like the blue background....
Re rewards..maybe you can find a widget that can make a slideshow out of the awards so it will only take up 1 space on the sidebar....

Annesphamily said...

Sally your page looks lovely! SO cool and very calming. This blogger stuff is for the birds. Good to see everyone here and I will try to catch up! Hugs to you and glad you had help re decorating everything!

Little Wandering Wren said...

Wot a laugh Blue Monday turning green, I loved your cartoons, These blogging things are sent to try us and you have ended up with a refreshed look which I have enjoyed. I have never noticed all your awards until you mentioned them (so to me I think that answers the question I think they would probably have more impact on an awards page!) But now I have been looking at them they are very impressive Congratulations on the awards and on getting it all sorted!
Wren x

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Turning green, when you're blue is rather hard to do!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

What would we do without someone to rescue us?

My Desktop Daily said...

Hello Sally, your new background is very elegant and BLUE! Glad you were able to sort out the glitch.
I agree about the extraneous content on your blog page slow to load. You can put your awards on a separate page.

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

A very blue mural from Melbourne today for you, Sally!

Anonymous said...

I like your new background, happy Monday :)

xinex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
xinex said...

Sorry about Ll your troubles, Sally. I hope it does not happen to me cause I wouldn't know what to do either. Your pictures are cute....Christine

LV said...

I noticed the blue gone, but assumed you were making changes. I feel like I hold a record for having computer issues and still do. So thankful to many other bloggers that know what they are doing that helps me. I know it has been frustrating, but at least you ended it with a sense of humor. It is going to get better.

Pondside said...

What to-do! I live in fear of everything disappearing from my blog. I know that, somehow, I got my header up and arranged things on the side, but I have no idea of how that was accomplished. If things started to go sideways I'd be lost. I'd be calling BJ too!

Sue McPeak said...

It is nice to have a change...when it's your choice. Thank goodness you had Techie Friends to help. Awards are nice and they could be moved to the bottom gadget or to a 'Blogger Page'...that way you will always have them and have made room on your sidebar for things that are current. Thanks for hosting Blue Monday!
Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

Leovi said...

Lovely, I like your funny pictures!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Yep, I too fear one day everything will disappeared from my blog and in fact, a couple of years ago, it did! Thank goodness I was with my genius DD who got it back, YES!!!
Thanks for hosting, I have a lot of BLUE!
Have a lovely week.
FABBY

Black Jack's Carol said...

I would be sad to lose the blue background on my blog so am very happy that you and SweetNothings (bless her heart) were able to find a solution, Sally. Personally, i would put the (well-deserved) awards on another page. Thanks so much for hosting this meme!

GranthamLynn said...

Oh you fixed the background! Good for you. I'll be back later to read the posts!

Al said...

That's quite the blog experience - you make it amusing, although it must have been frustrating. Blogger doesn't always make it easy to change layouts - it took far too many hours for me to customize my blog's look. And thanks for keeping this meme going!

Deanies Stash said...

So sorry you turned green and had so much trouble getting back to blue. Thank goodness for fellow bloggers. Have a great week!

Deanies Stash said...

So sorry you turned green and had so much trouble getting back to blue. Thank goodness for fellow bloggers. Have a great week!

Jeanne said...

Hi Sally, Finally I am finding time to comment. We left early this morning for Asheville To get our car battery checked and some other minor things. The dealer took us to the Biltmore and we spent the whole day there. We arrived home late and we both took a nap. A nice day and we needed a battery for our car.

Your story about your computer page was written so well. Very good humor with the journey to a new beautiful page. Thanks for your shout out for my Blog. Your pic finds are perfect. Especially the blonde. You are as pretty as the pic. I mean it!!!

Thanks for your comment about the family bird. I saw the pic of the bird and the memory of Perky came flooding back.
Goodnight Sally,
Happy Blue Monday
Love, Jeanne

lorik said...

Hi Sally, great post and some really interesting contributions. However, I think I must be too late to add my pic? Or am I just having a "blue tuesday"? in Aus.

Rhondi said...

Hi Sally
Thanks for hosting Blue Monday. I have a link in my post now. As I said it looked like it didn't work when I tried to join yesterday, so I just decided not to do it. It must have shown up after I left your blog. Sorry about that :)

Linda Kay said...

Hi, Sally...your site was recommended to me for Blue Monday...I'll give it a try for next week. Love that picture with the long-legged birds and their chicks. So cute.