Monday, December 28, 2015

Blue Monday - Traditions: Some Old and Some New

Hello! Welcome to Blue Monday! For complete instructions, just click here.

Please leave a comment for me; I guarantee that I'll visit and leave one for you. Visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links and leaving comments. If it's too much for one day, come back later in the week. Make someone's day when you wish them a Happy Blue Monday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When our first grandchild was quite small, I purchased a "Happy Birthday, Jesus" cake to help her understand the reason for the season. It became a tradition to have this dessert each Christmas when Johnny and I host a pre-Christmas meal. This was our cake for this year. You'll notice the Blue trim all around the side.



Here's a shot of the family on Christmas Day, around the new 10 ft. x 4 ft. custom table my DIL bought. We had yummy lasagne (which is at the far end of the table).



Finally, some Blue.  Lauren, our first-born grandchild, models the coat that Johnny and I gave her. We purchased the Blue scarf too. It matches nicely, don't you think?



One of our oldest traditions is breakfast at Waffle House. It was our son's idea many years ago. In the parking lot, the baby got a bit fussy, so I took him for a ride on my scooter.  I can't resist sharing a picture of our awe struck great grandson. If you look closely, you can see that he's turning the speed control knob. Perhaps that's why I wasn't smiling!



Do you have any old/new traditions?

Happy Blue Monday!

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


26 comments:

xinex said...

Cute great grandson! And lovely sweater you gave your granddaughter....Christine

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Wonderful family gathering. What fun for the little one to add speed to your scooter. Season's Best Wishes Sally and thank you for hosting Blue Monday today and all year. I so enjoy visiting and joining in.

Joy

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Sally it looks like you had a big happy family Christmas gathering.
Thanks for the party.
Wishing you a great New Year.
Denise

Jutta.K. said...

Such a big and friendly familie!
This is really a present of GOD
Best whishes for a new happy year
Jutta

Gemma Wiseman said...

You have a large family round your Christmas table. And love the cheeky expression of your grandson as he 'manipulates' your scooter.

Jim said...

A big Christmas celebration.

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Lovely shots, Sally!
All the best for a happy and healthful 2016!

Jeanne said...

Good morning Sally, I love your family photos so much. I really enjoyed your post about you all having a grand time for Christmas. Your great grandbaby is adorable. You have a wonderful family and that is a blessing to be thankful for everyday.

Happy New Year to You and Yours.
Much love,
Jeanne

My Desktop Daily said...

Health, happiness and prosperity for the New Year, Sally!

bj said...

Hope your New Year is full of blessings, dear Sally.

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a lovely Christmas. That table is amazing!

Al said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas with your family. Have a very Happy New Year!

Linda Kay said...

What a cutie in his PJs, Sally. Have a wonderful week.

LV said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate as a family. I would make sure I sat in the middle of that long table. Sally, trust you are feeling okay. You look great in the post. May the New Year be very kind to you and family. Many blessings my friend.

My name is Riet said...

Whata beautiful family you have Sally pretty ladies like their granddmother(mother) and such handsome young men. You must be so proud of them . Happy blue Monday and happy New Year.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your family gathering photo looks wonderful! It is always hard to get everyone into the picture.Love the cake you had to celebrate's Jesus' birthday. Happy Blue Monday and Happy New Year, Sally!

Ann said...

I adore this tradition just like we adore the Baby Jesus.

Ann

Sarah said...

Sally, we have several traditions here, our stockings being the main one. Others are tweaked as needed to fit the situation of the year. How nice that your large family gathers around a table together. I'd love a 10' table, but our dining room couldn't hold it.
Enjoy the last week of December. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Wow the family pic must have had some doing (it looks like taken with a phone?) Can see you enjoyed Christmas together - that is a blessing!Now up to the New Year:)

Pat-Mather Brown Gordon-ceton said...

happy blue monday.

photodoug said...

Sally, what a wonderful family gathering. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

excellent.

GranthamLynn said...

Oh what a beautiful family! We went to IHop on Christmas Day.
Was going to cook but the Cowboy was sick. Went and got my mom and then went to eat. And to the barn! I'm loving he's more interested now! We're trying to train him right! LOL.
Thanks for the linky! Hope you have a wonderful party.
Happy New Year!

Chubby Chieque said...

Have a happy, bountiful and peaceful New Year, Sally.

Thank you for your parties. Sorry, I am hibernating so long. I suppose to join you this last party but came late.

See you next year.

Greetings,
/CC

GranthamLynn said...

Hi Sally,
I was wondering if you'd join me in a new feature
called America The Beautiful/Hometown tour feature.
I want to begin it in February. I'd love posts written about where bloggers live.
Would you join me and write a post about your hometown?
I'll be announcing the feature on New Years Day with a button.
I'd like to include the list of planned features. It'll be ongoing
up to February. Then when you post I'll feature your post on my blog.
I'd love you to join the party!

Floranet said...

Enjoyed your writing, expecting some further great works!