Monday, October 1, 2012

Blue Monday - Lunch

It's Blue Monday! For complete instructions, just click here.

I want to thank those who take the time to leave a comment for me. I enjoy visiting all the Blue Monday participants.

Have fun by visiting other Blue participants. Simply click on their links and wish them a Happy Blue Monday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of the nicest things about being retired is our spur-of-the-moment adventures. I've been hungry for some New England clam chowder, so Johnny and I took off this past Friday to try a new restaurant, Rum River.

The picture we took did not turn out, so I downloaded this shot from its web site. All the other pictures turned out fine.

The Florida sky was not quite this Blue.



Of course, we found some Blue. The totem poles at the entrance had splashes of Blue. Here's the pole on the right side with a happy smile.



And here's the totem pole on the left side of the entrance. It's scarier. However, see the pineapple? It's a sign of welcome.



I spotted this bit of Blue on the hostess stand.



Although it was 90〫outside--remember, I live in Florida--we were quite comfortable with the high roof and the many fans whirling away. Notice, please, the waitress's Blue shirt on the bottom right. In the center left, you'll spot some more Blue.



Two Blue parrots are hanging from the ceiling.
I couldn't get a picture of them without the fan's blade "cutting" one in half.



Here's my chowder. Yes, it came to me sloppy, but folks, it sure was good. The restaurant has Blue dishes.



Johnny ordered a Philly cheese steak sandwich. He liked it, and it came with freshly made potato chips.



Which lunch would you prefer?

Happy Blue Monday!

1. Magical Mystical Teacher
2. SwedishCorner DownUnder
3. Rajesh, India
4. Jeanne, backyard neighbor
5. Shiju Sugunan
6. Marit
7. Lina
8. LaVoice
9. Gittan Sweden
10. Pie
11. Anni, Sweden
12. Monday Collage of Sunday
13. Pictografio
14. Nick, Melbourne
15. Luna Miranda
16. Gemma's MP Daily
17. Legacy Linens @ My Place to Yours
18. Wordless
19. Gemma's Greyscale
20. The French Hutch
21. Linda
22. Lessandra
23. Eden, Australia
24. Rose
25. Pleasurable Hobbies
26. George
27. Sweet Nothings
28. Anne
29. Kim,USA
30. Beverly @How Sweet The Sound
31. Magical Mystical Teacher #2
32. Jackie
33. Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti
34. "BLUE" Malta
35. Leovi - Trapped in your smile stone
36. Leovi - Your love is a minefield
37. Chubskulit
38. Hoppity Hop Bunny
39. Kahlua
40. J.Rye
41. Longanisa Sausage
42. Dora & Scooby
43. Cassandra
44. Visits With Mary
45. Diana @ velvet moth studio
46. Myrna-My Enchanted Home
47. Elaine
48. Joy@Books and Life
49. Maria's Space
50. Tito Eric
51. LadyD
52. Change of Scenery

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.



35 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Thanks for hosting and making the rounds each week!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Wow, those two lunches look interesting. I'd choose the steak sandwich :) Thanks for hosting, Sally! Happy Blue Monday :D

Unknown said...

Hi Sally.
So nice and funny pictures.
I wish you a nice day and a great new autumn time.

Marit.

Lina Gustina said...

It's surely nice to have lunch there. We love open restaurant like that :)
I prefer to your husband's choice. Have a great week ahead, Sally!

http://www.1sthappyfamily.com/2012/10/interesting-vehicle.html

Fashion Momma said...

Looks like a nice place to visit. That Philly Cheese steak made me drool.

My Blue Monday.

Anni said...

I'd like to vist that restaurant! And I would choose the clam showder as I think the sandwich looks a bit sticky.
It would have been great to see the full meny, I think we too often forget to take photos of that!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

This looks like a great place to visit and eat at, Sally.
Thanks for hosting!

Gemma Wiseman said...

The blues and the wood tones are so lovely together! Looks like an enchanting place!

The French Hutch said...

Love the pretty photos. Wish I had the soup and sandwich...........thanks for hosting.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Sally, That sure is a cute little restaurant! I was hoping you would show the New England clam chowder! There are so many variations here--some have a very thick base and may be filled with potatoes and others have a thin broth--but one thing is certain--NO tomatoes! hehe They are only in manhattan clam chowder! It is the constant battle here in CT. The cheese steak looks good too. Hubby loves them, as we used to eat them in philly when we lived there. I'll take the chowder and the chips for myself! Happy Blue Monday! Linda

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! I lived in Florida for 35 years - Miami. My daughter just moved from Plantation to Ocala this past year. She loves Ocala! Happy Blue Monday!

Chubskulit Rose said...

You are making my first day of October hungry, Sally, lol!

bj said...

I would choose Johnny's lunch...I don't "do" fish. :))

Thanks, Sally, for always being here for Blue Monday and always visiting back.

Have a beautiful BLUE day.:)
xo

Annesphamily said...

Hi Sally! Your chowder looked yummy. I need some today! We are getting light rain! It is chilly.
I was sad because I missed last week so I put up my blues anyway and then I fell asleep before I could link this new post for today! LOL! Enjoy your day because I sure enjoyed your keen eye for all the lovely shades of blue! Hugs Anne

Beverly said...

Happy Blue Monday, dear Sally.

I would have chosen your lunch for certain. I'm just surprised that Rum River had New England Clam Chowder. I love chowder.♥

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Good morning, Sally

Your clam chowder looked delicious! This looks like a nice restaurant and I love it's colorful decor. Happy Blue Monday!

Erica (Irene) said...

Thanks for hosting and leaving me comments...love your blues and Happy Blue Monday and the 1st day of October.

LadyD Piano said...

Clam chowder, please! I love the look and feel of tropical restaurants. We have one on the West Coast called "Islands." Beautiful cornucopia!

Leovi said...

Very good, that beautiful blue.
PD: sorry, had a typo in the links.

Blondie's Journal said...

Wow...both meals looks delicious! Maybe I would have both! lol! The restaurant looks like fun! Perfectly Florida!

XO,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Were those blue parrots real? I'd be worried about them having an accident right in my food, but I guess with an open-air building, birds will come in and out. I guess it is not much of a problem or people wouldn't eat there. They sure are pretty, though!

Visits With Mary said...

Blue River sure had a great atmosphere, a great place to enjoy clam chowder! Happy Blue Monday!

LV said...

What a neat place to go. I would have been gawking and not eating. You found just the right spot for good food and lots of blues.

Diana Taylor said...

It looks a fab place to eat and that food looks yummy! Happy Blue Monday!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

What a fun lunch! They both look delish! Thanks for hosting!

joyh82 said...

Yum, looks a lot better than what I had for lunch today. Happy Blue Monday and thanks for hosting!

Maria's Space said...

Look all those blues but the last one made me mighty hungry

Judi said...

Happy Blue Monday Sally *hugs*
What a fun place to eat! You are lucky to have adventures like that....and I do adore clam chowder. We had clams this weekend.

I like Johnny's sandwich too and I would love one of those chips.

Nice blueness..
have a great week.
Judi

Anonymous said...

What a fun place to eat! Enjoyed seeing it. Thanks for hosting the party. You have a great day.

Elaine said...

An interesting looking place to have your favorite soup. Your shots of the place are great.

Tito Eric said...

I'll have that lunch any day ;)

Cheers!

Eden said...

I love the place and the food makes me hungry.

Jeanne said...

Hi Sally, I am sorry this comment is belated. We just returned from Raleigh late Sunday night and Monday was booked solid with garden club meetings etc. This is the first time I have looked at my computer since Sunday night.

What a great place to eat out. I know we would have loved going there. The chowder looks delicious. The birds and the atmosphere is perfect for the 'Rum River' ambiance. I bet you will go back.

Have a wonderful week my dear blogging friend.
Love, Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I'd probable have both!!...sorry I'm running late and didn't get to link up this week...hubby and I went to Jacksonville Fl to eat at Clark's fish camp and shopping(post next week).

Terra said...

Sign me up for chowder, like you.