Monday, October 21, 2013

Blue Monday - Movie Review: Enough Said

Hello! It's Blue Monday! For complete instructions, just click here.

Remember to place the Blue Monday link on your post so that others might find us.


See what other Blue participants have to share by clicking on their photos. Make someone's day when you wish them a Happy Blue Monday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Johnny and I went to the movies this past Tuesday, and we found a winner. We liked this comedy. If you get a chance, I recommend you see this one. Here's a synopsis:
A divorced and single parent, Eva (Julia Louis Dreyfus) spends her days enjoying work as a masseuse but dreading her daughter's impending departure for college. She meets Albert (James Gandolfini) - a sweet, funny and like-minded man also facing an empty nest. As their romance quickly blossoms, Eva befriends Marianne (Catherine Keener), her new massage client. Marianne is a beautiful poet who seems "almost perfect" except for one prominent quality: she rags on her ex-husband way too much.

Suddenly, Eva finds herself doubting her own relationship with Albert as she learns the truth about Marianne's Ex. ENOUGH SAID is a sharp, insightful comedy that humorously explores the mess that often comes with getting involved again.

You'll notice both stars are wearing Blue.






This PG13 is an adult movie. It involves adult situations and is not for children.

The acting is flawless. Both Julia Louis Dreyfus and James Gandolfini gave Oscar-winning performances. Unfortunately, Gandolfini died from a heart attack in June at aged 51 after completing work on the film.

The characters are believable. The writing gives a storyline that seems true to life. We left the theater with many things to think about and discuss.

I give this film a thumbs up.

Some people think that movies are too expensive, but we go to a theater that offers films to seniors Monday - Thursday afternoons for only $5.00. In addition, a small popcorn is only $2.00 on Tuesdays.
Hey, you can't beat that!

Happy Blue Monday!



37 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

If I can find it for $5, I'll go see it. How's that? ;)

LV said...

Glad you two had an enjoyable day at the movies. I have not been in so long I probably would not know how to act. Not sure if they have a senior day at one around here. I do enjoy my popcorn at home.

Jim said...

Interesting

Marie said...

This is kinda interesting. Wow! I just realized it's been a while since I went to the cinema and watch a movie.

Finally! Joined Blue Monday again after a long while.

Annesphamily said...

My bed is calling my name! So I thank you for the movie review and the nice blues! Have a happy week! Hugs Anne

Littlewanderingwren said...

Hi Sally
Sounds like a great Rom-com, what they call here a good Chick flick. (Do you have that expression in the US? Ermm maybe not! ) I'll look out for it, it is released in Australia on November 14th!
Thanks for hosting again
Wren x

Chubby Chieque said...

Cozy time with a loveone watching movie together.

Happy Blue Monday,
/CC girl

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This sounds like a nice movie, Sally. I haven't been to a movie ina long time, but I do try to catch new releases on NetFlix. It was sad James Gondolfini passed away so young --he was a good actor

Mascha said...

I see you had a famous movie. I love cinema, it is much nicer to look than at TV...
Happy Blue Monday and thanks for hosting :-)

Maria said...

Lovely movie! I'd add this to my list of movies to watch once I get some vacation from all these busyness... Have a great week Sally!

Anni said...

How terribly sad that the actor died so suddenly! I can see at imdb.com that you are not alone in your liking of the film.
Happy Blue Monday, Sally!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thanks for the party, Sally! Happy Blue Monday :) ...haven't been to the movie for ages. Sounds like a great film! Spring greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Lina Gustina said...

I'd like to watch this kind of movie.
So sad to know about the actor's passing away.
Happy Monday, Sally.

http://www.1sthappyfamily.com/2013/10/the-blue-train-station.html

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Sounds like a good movie, Sally!
Thanks for hosting.

Anonymous said...

Sound like a delightful movie to see ~ and to see it for a great price and that the actors have blue on is a winner ~ Thanks for hosting and enjoy the week ~ carol, xo

Jackie McGuinness said...

This movie does look quite interesting!
We tend to go to the movies in the winter, and they are almost always action for hubby. At least he can have it loud!

Leovi said...

Thank you for recommending this beautiful movie!

Neesie said...

Phew...I'm late today but I've made it ;D
That sounds like a good film to add to my list.
I really thought James Gandolfini was a brilliant actor.
Thanks for hosting and I'll try to be a little earlier next week :D
Happy Blue Monday to you and all the gang!

Gerald (SK14) said...

Not been to a cinema for a long time but we've recently started a film club in the appartments where we love projecting from a DVD on to a screen - just watched "The Last of the Blonde Bombshells" staring Judi Dench and Cleo Laine - brilliant film

LadyD Piano said...

I've got to see this one. Thanks for the review and for fixing the link. Bit of a computer glitch this a.m. Have a great day, Sally!

Anonymous said...

I did not realize the actor had passed away. So sad. I'd like to see this one. Thank you for hosting Blue Monday!

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Hi, Sally!
You gave a great movie review I remember hearing about this movie
when James Gandolfini passed away but forgot about it.
Thanks for hosting.
Denise

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Hi, Sally!
You gave a great movie review I remember hearing about this movie
when James Gandolfini passed away but forgot about it.
Thanks for hosting.
Denise

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Hi, Sally!
You gave a great movie review I remember hearing about this movie
when James Gandolfini passed away but forgot about it.
Thanks for hosting.
Denise

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Hi, Sally!
You gave a great movie review I remember hearing about this movie
when James Gandolfini passed away but forgot about it.
Thanks for hosting.
Denise

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Hi, Sally!
You gave a great movie review I remember hearing about this movie
when James Gandolfini passed away but forgot about it.
Thanks for hosting.
Denise

Hannah said...

Looks like an interesting movie, thanks for hosting!

Minoru Saito said...

Hi! Very interesting. Thank you for hosting.

photodoug said...

Senior discounts for a date night. You've got to love it.

RNSANE said...

That sounds like a great movie. I'll have to wait to see it till I get home from India in early Dec.

How sad that the actor died at such an early age....51!!!

My post today is about the colorful Jaipur puppets.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I saw the previews and thought it looked cute.

Boy this has been the summer for death. We just last another family member, too.

xo,

Sheila

Jeanne said...

Good Morning Sally, This comment is a day late but I have enough dollars to go see this movie. Big smile here. Yesterday my sisters were here to celebrate my birthday and the time flew by. By evening I went to bed early. I am so glad you had a movie date. I know we would enjoy this movie. The actors are so good.

Happy Blue Monday,
Love, Jeanne

Ann said...

Sally, thank you for the movie tip. I like to see films others have given the thumbs up. James Gandolfini was a remarkable actor.
Ann

bj said...

Hi, Sally...just wanted to tell you I had to start a new blog and here's the address, so you can find me.
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com
xoxo

Unknown said...

That kiss is so sweet ;)

Unknown said...

Ohwps, linky widget is closed so here's mine http://www.someclingynote.net/2013/10/wallpaper.html and sorry for the late entry :D

Pictografio said...

Thanks for your review of the movie, I think I will go to the movie soon :)