Monday, June 30, 2014

Blue Monday - Happy 4th of July!

Hello! Welcome to Blue Monday! For complete instructions, just click here.

Thank you for leaving me a comment. It means so much to me. Please visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links and leaving comments. If it's too much for one day, come back later in the week. Make someone's day special by wishing them a Happy Blue Monday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Each year America goes wild with 4th of July celebrations. America celebrates her birthday by showing her colors. Everything is decorated in red, white, and Blue. We always hang up our flag.



Fireworks are important in the celebration. Temporary tents are set up all over town, selling fireworks. Here's a pretty Florida Blue sky. Of course, you'll notice the Blue on the American flags and on the sign.

However, did you note Johnny's finger in the lower left corner?



Here's a shot showing another tent with a Blue striped top.

Also, please notice that same finger photo bombing!



The inside of the tent has plenty of red, white, and Blue on display.



Here's a final shot of the Blue striped tent without Johnny's finger!

(That car is Blue too!)



This year, an even wilder frenzy of patriotic color is happening as America is playing Belgim today in the march toward the World Cup. (Perfect timing!) We found these red, white, and Blue soccer cupcakes for sale at Walmart.



So, this Friday, please join in to wish America Happy Birthday!




Happy Blue Monday!

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.



30 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I find the blue-striped tent especially enchanting!

Annesphamily said...

Although my post is very lengthy this week I enjoyed putting it together. I hope you have a wonderful Fourth of July. We celebrate Hannah's birthday on the 3rd. I will use her cake as a blue Monday addition next week, God willing. Enjoy the week and thanks Sally for always sharing with us.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thanks Sally for Blue Monday. My blue is mixed with green and waxed but it is still blue. Happy (in advance) 4th of July.
Joy

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I think this may be the first year of many that fireworks will be allowed in Colorado as the drought has abated. Happy 4th of July and Blue Monday, Sally!

Chubby Chieque said...

Patriotic post...

Have an advance Happy 4th of July,


/CC

Unknown said...

Happy 4th of July to you <3

Lina Gustina said...

Happy 4th of July, Sally. Are you planning to put on fireworks on the celebration day?
Nice to join again this week.
www.1sthappyfamily.com/2014/06/colorful-jeeps.html

Anonymous said...

Ne thinks you're probably going to look at the fire works on Thursday!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Happy Blue Monday, Sally! Thanks for hosting and Happy 4th of July. Always lovely to see you Americans decorate and celebrate :) Blue and yellow hugs from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Dies und Das said...

Eine gute blaue Woche wünscht,
Luis

Little Wandering Wren said...

I wish you a wonderful 4th July celebrations. I am going for Belgium after England and Australia are out of the World Cup because we lived there for 8 years - so hopefully it will be a great match & may the best team win!
Wren x

Sue McPeak said...

It has been fun and exciting for the USA at the World Cup Soccer, and those cupcakes are too cute. Love all of your Red White and BLUE for this Blue Monday. Happy July 4th to you, too! Thanks for hosting!
Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

Jim said...

Surprised to see that you can buy fireworks.

DougPhoto2009 said...

Sally, thanks for sharing your red, white and BLUE photos. Enjoy your Fourth with family and friends.

My Desktop Daily said...

Happy 4th of July, Sally! Certainly lots of blues around :-)
Thanks for hosting.

LV said...

Sally, not going to be able to visit or comment for a few days. Doing this is very difficult. Having eye surgery and will not be on computer for several days. Enjoyed your blues.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Happy 4th. of July dear Sally. Such great re, White and blue images for this week. Thank you so much for the great BLUE party. I hope I was able to join the party...you know me, I never can get it!
Have a lovely week.
FABBY

Leovi said...

Yes, it's a great day, this place is wonderful! Nice photos!

Maria's Space said...

See a tent top and it is going to be fun! My kids always think a circus is around when they see one of those. Nothing like this by me.

Nanna said...

Happy Blue Monday Sally! It's been a while since I've stopped by, hope you have a fantastic 4th of July with lots of happy blue goodness!

Helen

My name is Riet said...

Happy Blue Monday Sally. I am late but busy for my next post about that beautiful church inSt Petersburg, Russia, Hope to post tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Happy 4th of July. Great Photos really put you in the holiday spirit. I love that news story last week "The Kitten in the Truck". People offered to pay for the repairs.
Thanks for the Great "Blue Monday" Linky idea. I plan to participate each week.

Ann said...

The blue and white tents really stand out and make for a pretty place to buy. I enjoy fireworks displays, we try to take one in. My girls love sparklers so much.
Ann

Hannah said...

Hi Sally, I like all your 4th of July excitement. The Soccer game is exciting too. I made a mistake when linking and forgot to update my link to the current post, so I corrected it but don't know how to get rid of the first one. Sorry.

Black Jack's Carol said...

A wonderful post, Sally, and many thanks for hosting this beautiful meme. I had to feed Bill :) but indeed planned to return to comment. Sorry I missed last week, but I'm so happy that sweet kitten in the BLUE truck was adopted! Happy 4th of July to you and Johnny. I think that finger print adds character :)

GranthamLynn said...

Oh what great Blues. Did you buy any fireworks? The soccer cupcakes are great! I just linked mine.
Thanks again and have a great 4th.

GranthamLynn said...

Thanks for coming by. Have a Happy 4th!
Hugs,
Sherry

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

When I linked up this morning, I had to leave for work. I'm back now to thank you for the BM linky. You had me laughing about your husband's finger. you need to tell him that next time, you'll have to hit his finger with a hammer, so it will be blue for BM!! Good BM pix. Happy 4th of July! laurie

Deanies Stash said...

Just found you recently and wanted to link up to Blue Monday! Thanks for this party. Hugs, Dianne

Anonymous said...

I had trouble with linking so here's mine http://evasmoodboard.wordpress.com/2014/07/07/monday-mural-3/
happy Monday :)