Monday, June 23, 2014

Blue Monday - Purring Blue Truck

Hello! Welcome to Blue Monday! For complete instructions, just click here.

Sometimes, it SEEMS as if Mr. Linky is not working, but I've discovered that if more than one person is linking in at the same time, it kinda slows down. So, if things seem to jam when you are linking in, just keep trying, and you'll meet with success.

Please leave a comment for me; I guarantee that I'll visit and leave one for you. Visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links and leaving comments. If it's too much for one day, come back later in the week. Make someone's day when you wish them a Happy Blue Monday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today my Blue comes from CNN who reported that a Florida man with a Blue truck cut open his truck to track down a purring sound. (I copied these pictures from CNN. I did nothing to change the color.)





Errand Frazier of Vero Beach heard the purring sound, and investigated by setting up a camera and leaving some food over night. Somehow, the food was consumed, but the camera failed to record the meal.

So Frazier cut open his Blue truck! "I seen this little rascal peeking at me," Frazier recalled. "I said, 'What in the world? You hitched a ride!'"

He had no luck getting the kitten out. He drove to the Humane Society where it took three workers to extract the kitten!



The kitten has been adopted and is living happily ever after. The full story can be found here.


Note, please that Mr. Frazier is wearing a Blue shirt!


Happy Blue Monday!

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.



38 comments:

Karen said...

What a kind man!
You will have to look hard to see my blue this week, a hint, forget-me-nots in the chimney!

Chubby Chieque said...

Oh! I am present today, inspite of on what happenned to me.

TY for sharing Sally. I will go and read how the construction of the truck right after this.

Happy Blue Monday.

Minoru Saito said...

Very nice story! The kitten is very cute. This cat is very lucky too. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That story made me smile:) Thanks to Mr. Frazier! Thanks for sharing, Sally!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Sally - blue is in ONE star and on the bottom band of the basket. Happy Blue Monday.
Joy

Jutta.K. said...

Dear Sally,
i like the kitten, so sweet. And the story with the man and car is curios ;-))
Have a nice, new Week.
Greetings of Germany
Jutta

Jim said...

good blue

Gerald (SK14) said...

a blue day for the kitty!

Hazel said...

"You hitched a ride?" That made me chuckle :) So cute of Mr. Frazier. I'm glad Kitty is out. Thanks, Sally for happy blue Mondays.

Unknown said...

Great blue and lucky kitty

<3 Simone

Hannah said...

Interesting story, I have to think there could have been another way to get the kitten out, but cute little kitten.

Maria's Space said...

What a nice person! Poor kitty. Glad to see there is a happy ending.

January Zelene said...

Looks like the kitten found his home sweet home in the truck. :-)

Leovi said...

A story in very nice blue and with a happy ending!

Rhonda Albom said...

That truck is quite blue. We had a kitty get trapped under our house once, for about a day we could hear it before we figured it out and re-opened up the hole that had been closed. Out came kitty and ran off.

DougPhoto2009 said...

Sally, cute story with a blue-tiful ending. Thanks for sharing.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Any truck that purrs is a delight, but especially one that's blue!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh my! Surely there was some other way to get the kitten out. I hate that he cut his pretty blue truck, but what a kind hearted man. Thanks for reminding me of Blue Mon and thanks for the linky. laurie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for the party!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Sonja Hoyt: The Happy Travel Bug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonja Hoyt: The Happy Travel Bug said...

Wow, I can't believe he cut a hole in his truck! What a sweet story...thanks for sharing.

Little Wandering Wren said...

HI Sally
That is a purrrfectly gorgeous story, glad the kitten was safe,hope the truck driver was insured!
Wren x

Anonymous said...

interesting story...glad the kitty was safe.

Salmagundi said...

Sharing some more blue from Japan today. How sweet that man cut up his truck to save the kitten. Sally

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Great search and rescue story, Sally!
Thanks for hosting.

My Desktop Daily said...

Thanks for hosting, Sally.

LV said...

No dumb cat. He found him a nice blue home and fought to keep it. At least, the truck owner had compassion enough to help it.

Anonymous said...

very nice of Mr. Frazier, happy Monday :)

bj said...

Lucky cat for choosing the right vehicle to crawl into. So glad the man was a sweet, caring one.
I love your blues today...and I hope your week is going to be a good one.

Thank you for hosting.

My name is Riet said...

What a nice man and what a lovely cat and story happy BM Sally

Anonymous said...

Awww I do like a happy ending! But his poor truck :(

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I'm so glad there was a happy ending to the kitten being found and adopted. Sadly I've heard to cats being killed because they crawl inside cars and trucks seeking warmth and shelter. I've heard it is good to bang on the hood before starting one's car if you think a cat might have taken shelter in you car.

Happy Blue Mionday, Sally--better late than never ;)

joyh82 said...

Love kitties and happy endings!
Happy Blue Monday. I hope my post shows up...lol

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally!

What a wonderful story :-) Far better than most of the news these days! Am off to Greece for a few weeks so may not be able to join in again until we get back.

Sarah

Annesphamily said...

Hi Sally, better late then never! I saw this story on the news. What a cute kitten and how the heck it climbed under that truck without incident is amazing!
I hope your week is wonderful!
Hugs, Anne

Blondie's Journal said...

Awwww...this story melted my heart! I would love to start each and everyday reading or hearing this kind of news. What a really nice man.

Thanks for your visit! I'd love to try pizza everywhere in Chicago, it's all different. This crust was dense but had a crumbly texture almost like a crouton. SO good! :)

XO,
Jane

GranthamLynn said...

Oh Sally I meant to come back by yesterday and I forgot. I did visit the links though just forgot your comment. That was one smart and lucky kitten. So glad the blue shirt man was so kind! Thanks for the linky. And thanks for coming by my Blue antique post! The first Blue mantle Wow! I feel special!
Have a great week,
Sherry

Janice Kay Schaub said...

How do I link up........there is no place to post a link today
Janice