Monday, July 2, 2012

Blue Monday - Happy 4th of July!

Hi! It's Blue Monday! All you need to know can be found here.

Visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links and wishing them a Happy Blue Monday!

Please remember to leave a comment for me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks ago, at Hobby Lobby, the shelves were stuffed with decorations available for the 4th of July celebration. (They're much emptier now.)

Of course, there's plenty of beautiful American Blue.
I was looking for an Uncle Sam to put in an apothecary jar.
However, they were either too small or too wide, so they wouldn't fit right.




Once again, I did not purchase anything. I guess I'm pretty picky!




Here's a Blue and white striped tent set up to sell fireworks.




More Blue can be found inside the tent. The fireworks had not yet been set out for display.





Johnny went back on another day when the shelves were stocked. He took this shot.




4th of July, Independence Day Glitter Graphic


Do you purchase decorations or fireworks?

Happy Blue Monday!


1. Magical Mystical Teacher
2. Glam Gloves
3. Chubskulit
4. Spice Up Your Life
5. Jim, Sydney, Australia
6. Riet, Holland
7. Cleome
8. J.Rye
9. Fitness & Family
10. SwedishCorner - DownUnder
11. XyeXyrus
12. Rose
13. twiggy
14. Am I Blue?
15. Deliciously Spicy Moments
16. Luna Miranda
17. Savannah Granny
18. Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
19. Pie
20. Loui♥
21. Gittan Sweden
22. LaVoice
23. mark, australia
24. HansHB
25. Jidhu Jose
26. Eden, Australia
27. Leovi - The valley of the dreams of love
28. The Den Reveal
29. mizhelle
30. Jeanne
31. Ash Tree Cottage
32. Rosewalk Cottage
33. Magical Mystical Teacher #2
34. Sweet Nothings
35. Marit
36. Everyday Meme
37. Judi @ Cranberry Blossom
38. LadyD
39. Jackie
40. Wings of Eagles
41. Pat ~ Mille Fiori Favoriti (USA)
42. Anne
43. Leovi - How can I be so shameless?
44. Hello July
45. Kim,USA
46. Mary, MI
47. Titbelsoeur
48. CailinMarie
49. Elaine
50. Barbara F.
51. Lina
52. Christine
53. Leah H.
54. Ann
55. Diann @ The thrifty Groove
56. Marleen, The Netherlands
57. Danielle
58. Joy@Books and Life
59. Just a Little Southern Hospitality
60. AnnA, Sweden
61. Clouds
62. 4U2 Sweden
63. Dice Bowl
64. Myrna-My Enchanted Home
65. Sherry
66. The Spirit of Christmas, Book 2
67. Kathy-Delightsome Life
68. Sunny109

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.



46 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Independence Day is a great time to get BLUE shots!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Happy 4th of July Sally!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Happy Blue Monday, Sally! Thanks for hosting :) Hope you can spot my BLUE today ;) Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sorry that you didn't find what you were looking for Sally. However, you scored some great blue photos! Have a happy 4th!
Hugs,
Jann

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Happy Blue Monday ! thanks for hosting ! hope you will like my blue one !

Fashion Momma said...

These are cute. Happy 4th!

My Blue Monday.

Loui♥ said...

what a super post Sally.. S patriotic!!
hugs and happy 4th!
Loui♥

Mark said...

Enjoy July the 4th Sally

Eden said...

Beautiful photos. Lots of blues.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sally,
BOY!!! Do I ever wish I had a Hobby Lobby closer than a 2 1/2 hour drive away from me!!
Love their Americana things!
A.C.Moore's put all their Patriotic decor on sale for 70 % off. I will be checking it out this morning....

Thanks so much for hsoting and I hope you have a great holiday with those you love!

Hugs,
Deb

Marice said...

For sure this week will be lots of Blue!

Happy Blue Monday Sally!

January Zelene said...

Happy 4th of July to you Sally! :)

Susan Freeman said...

Hi Sally! No I don't purchase fireworks, but the stands are everywhere. I love the 4th, but don't like it when folks are still setting them off in the wee hours. Have a happy 4th of July and a Happy Blue Monday! Thanks for hosting Sally.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Jeanne said...

Good morning Sally, The red, white and blue always attracts me when I am shopping. I have quite a bit of it because we have had lots of cookouts on the 4th for friends and family. Hobby Lobby has the most fun stocked shelves for every occasion. This display is very nice but I probably wouldn't buy anything either. At my age I am getting rid of stuff.

I have never purchased fireworks but my nephew does. He comes over to our big open yard to shoot them off. Fun for everyone.

I'm sorry I missed your call. We had company and ran the roads all week. I have missed you so lets try again. We are having a very quiet 4th this year. I am looking forward to just chilling so maybe Weds. morning on the 4th would be good for you. Smile.

Love,
Jeanne

Clara said...

Hi Sally! Happy Fourth of July!

bj said...

I wouldn't mind having that blue and white tent...it's cute. :))
Happy Blues.
xo bj

Unknown said...

Great pictures you show Sally, I wish you a great new summer week.
Hugs from Marit.

LadyD Piano said...

Great series of photos and a wonderful post. We have many fireworks that we purchased from a previous trip to Utah. I love sparklers. Happy 4th Sally!

Judi said...

Happy Blue Monday Sally *hugs*
Wow...what a great display of BLUES and reds and whites too for the occasion! Wow. I'm sorry you couldn't find what you were looking for. You know exactly what you want...so...you'll have to keep looking.
Hope you have a wonderful Blue Monday!
Judi

Anonymous said...

I do that sometimes at HL -- I'm drawn over to their seasonal decorations but often don't fins anything just right.

I have a star in red, white, and blue that I hang outside the front door and a couple of patriotic Boyd's Bears figurines, but otherwise don't decorate much for July 4th. I love my country but don't like red in my decorating. :-)

Savannah Granny said...

Wow, Hobby Lobby sure has a lot of stuff left. Guess it is the economy. I know I didn't purchase anything this year.
Happy Blue Monday and have a great fourth! Ginger:)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy 4th of July, Sally! I love all the patriotic red, white and blue items you found!

Annesphamily said...

Great blues Sally! Not a lot of fireworks here for us this year with all the fires! But always enjoy the celebration! Our youngest Hannah is a pre firecracker July 3rd! She turns 21 this year! My brother Ed will follow with a post firecracker birthday uly 5th! My friend Nadine in northern California is a firecracker! In more ways than one! Ha Ha!

Always a pleasure to see you here and I will visit others later!

Blessings, Anne

Jackie McGuinness said...

Thanks, Sally for dropping by. Love your comments about Christmas in July and a Blue Christmas!!

Visits With Mary said...

Happy Blue Monday and Happy July !!
Loved red, white and blues. Hope your 4th is festive and fun !!

Leovi said...

Without doubt the best blue for this week is the blue of the flag.

CailinMarie said...

Have a wonderful 4th of July! Love those stocked shelves at Hobby Lobby - they get the creative juices going.

Elaine said...

Happy 4th of July to you.. Our tent for fireworks around here are yellow and white.. A new law in Michigan allows for more areial fireworks so it is noisy already.. I am hoping everyone takes care as it is so very dry in our area

Barbara F. said...

So sorry to be late! Glad I made it. Have a very happy July 4th, Sally. xo

Lina Gustina said...

Happy July 4th, Sally.
Lots of blue things there :)

http://www.1sthappyfamily.com/2012/07/today-is-my-husbands-birthday.html

xinex said...

I love going to Hobby Lobby, Sally. The store is looking festive.......Christine

Ann said...

Sally, love the 4th of July and we usually just buy a few sparklers and snakes for the kids. There are several shows here and usually take one in. Love the blue and white striped tent.
Ann

Diann said...

I hope you and your family have a wonderful 4th of July! thank you for hosting Sally and have a great day.

Marleen said...

hi Sally, I love all the blue in your pictures! Thank you for hosting another Blue Monday.

My name is Riet said...

All that red, white and blue is gorgeous. Happy blue Mon day Sally

Anonymous said...

I'll be visiting Hobby Lobby tomorrow for some artist supplies. Ours already has the Christmas stuff up! Ouch!

joyh82 said...

I love those patriotic decorations. Great time to show our blues off too. Have a Happy
4th!

HansHB said...

No, I did not go with this ship. Photo is taken from my house in Trondheim!

Full-On-Forward said...

Happy Blue Monday and a Blessed 4th Dally!

Great Patriotic Flare Today

J

AnnA said...

Dear Sal!
Roses for you, but the blues comes from a larkspur in my garden and more cornflowers from the swedish summer. Happy Blue Monday! Best wishes,
AnnA

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Wonderful blue Pics! Happy fourth Of July!

Jocelyn said...

I am pretty picky too, but I happen to see the flag plate that I featured in my post pictured at Hobby Lobby :-) Thanks for hosting.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

GranthamLynn said...

Oh what fun Blue's today. We're in a the biiiiig city. No buying for us! Enjoy your 4th.
Sherry

Full-On-Forward said...

SALLY--ALL SHOULD BE FIXED NOW- BLOGGER GOING CRAZY ON ME!

j

Unknown said...

Sally, Happy Fourth! The blues you found were clever! Thanks for hosting. huggs, Dianna

cassandrasminicorner said...

So many Blues.. We bought our fireworks and so ready for tomorrow:)