Monday, October 26, 2009

Blue Monday - We've Been Busy

It's Blue Monday! To participate:

1. Post about something blue on your blog. It can be pretty, ugly, funny, old, or new as long as it's blue. Leave a link to this blog on your post.

2. Please place the Blue Monday button on the top of your post so that people can easily spot it.

3. Mr. Linky will be up after midnight. Return here and link in with Mr. Linky by leaving your name and the Permalink to your post. To create a Permalink, click on your Blue Monday post title and copy all the stuff in the http window. It is a longer address so that people can find your post even later in the week--whenever they get a chance to visit.

4. Visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links. Make someone's day; leave a comment. Please remember to leave me a comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some people are asking how I/we plan to decorate our new home. (I say "we" because unlike other houses we've owned, this is the first time that Johnny is an active participant in decorating. Up until now, he's been busy working, but this time, he's jumped into the decorating decisions with both feet. Oh yes, his favorite color is blue--always has been.

Today, I'm sharing some of the choices we've made for our living room. Of course, you will see some blue. This is a sample of the silk material we've chosen for the drapes for our living room, dining room, and foyer. I taped it to a white door to try to give you a good color idea. The soft blue is cut off in the right lower corner, but I think you'll get the idea.




We recently selected this rug from Home Depot when they had a 50% off sale. It's wool and has many shades of blues and tans.



I'll give you a closer look so that the blue is more obvious.



Here's a good close-up of some of the blue.




I've placed a cushion from our living room chair that came from South Florida on top of the rug. At the lower right is one piece of our tile flooring peeking out.





I am getting excited about our new home. We visit it every day. I love having you blogging friends who give me so many creative ideas.

Happy Blue Monday!


Blue Monday Participants
1. Sheila
2. Mary@OnePerfectBite
3. Candy @ The Little Round Table
4. The Stylish House
5. Deborah
6. Rinkly Rimes Australia
7. Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti
8. Anne Fannie
9. Diann @ The Thrifty Groove
10. LaVoice
11. katherine
12. Cindy @ Applestone Cottage
13. hip chick
14. Beverly
15. Rose - Korea
16. Becky K
17. d'Sailor
18. charli and Me
19. Susie@Tickled Keys...Play it by Ear
20. A Vintage Cottage Home
21. Erica-Sweet on You
22. Jeanne,backyard neighbor
23. Boulevard Int Design Elle Decor Book Give Away
24. Regina, Philippines
25. COZY KITCHEN BY THE SEA
26. Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch
27. ellen b
28. cindy
29. hapzydeco
30. bj @ SWEET NOTHINGS
31. kathy b
32. mizhelle
33. angie @ annies home
34. Fifi Flowers
35. Claudie@Bubblin'Over
36. storyteller at SmallReflections
37. Sara
38. DeniseMarie
39. Aino
40. carolynUSA
41. Christine
42. Shelia @Notesongs
43. chenoa
44. Maria's Space
45. Myrna Lee@ My enchanted Home
46. Shy
47. Alicia @ Titere con Bonete
48. Maria Berg, Sweden
49. AnnA
50. Ms. Sharlotte's...Southern Reflections
51. LUNA
52. Lorie Shewbridge
53. Carrie - Carola Nativity Gallery
54. Charlotte
55. Carrie - Oak Rise Cottage
56. Carly's Photography

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.



56 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sally, looks like I'm first up today! I have enjoyed seeing what you've showed us of the house, and I love what you're doing in the LR. Can't wait to see it all together. I know it will look great!

Happy Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Deborah said...

Your rug is beautiful. Very understated but elegant. I am looking forward to seeing your progress on the living room and the rest of the house. It will be just as much fun for us as it is for you.

The Stylish House said...

Sally,
You're new home is going to look beautiful with these nice items you selected. The blue and beige are a rich combination. Two thumbs up on the great buy on your new carpet. Thank you for hosting Blue Monday!
Cathy

Rinkly Rimes said...

Lovely subtle tones of many different blues.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Sally!
Your new hoee is going to be so beautiful! I like that carpet very much.
This is my first blue event! I'm very excited! I have a few mosaics up and one is of the "Angel of the Waters" in Central Park in Manhattan. She is so beautfully blue, and also the Minton Tiles in the arcade, so I couldn't resist entering my post here. Thanks!

Diann @ the Thrifty Groove said...

Hi Sally!

I can just imagine how exciting it is to being picking out new things for your new home!

I love that blue rug! It is stunning!

Have a great day!

Anne Fannie said...

Miss Sally, I love that rug that you selection! Your fabric for your drapes are beautiful too, your new home is going to look so lovely. I cannot wait to see it when its all done! It does not surprise any of us that you are going with a blue theme :)

Hugs, Ann

katherine said...

oh i love blue carpet, whatever the design as long as it is blue.

Happy Blue monday.

Mine is up too.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Sally,
How fun to decorate a brand new home! I think your rug and drapes are just gorgeous, can't wait to see the finished room~ Thanks for being our hostess too~ Cindy

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love the fabric. I'm sure you and your husband will have such a great time working on this project together. And, when you are done you will have a beautiful living room that you will both enjoy.

Jen's Farmily said...

I love blue too. We painted a bedroom at the lake a sky-ish blue. I'm anxious to start working again so I can finish decorating!!!

Beverly said...

Happy Blue Monday, Sally. I am headed out the door to work this day, but I wanted to take a minute to say hello.

The rug is beautiful, and the combinations are perfect. Great job!

Becky K. said...

Those are very pretty selections.
I love that you saved 50%!!! Bargain hunters unite!

Becky K.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Oh I love the rug you have Ms. Sally! Thanks for inviting me to join your meme.

Here's my first Blue Monday entry.

Cindy said...

Love the rug and I bet the curtains will be lovely.
cindy

d'Sailor said...

Great discount, I love its design!

Mine is here

~♥~ Monica S said...

HELLO SALLY!!!!
I am back!! And I love your blues!!! Look forward to see your new home!! :-)

I am going to try to get back on blogging more.. hope to see you around!

Monica

Anonymous said...

Oh Sally I just love the choices you are making for your new house. The drapes and the rug are beautiful. I have looked back on your posts and I can see your house is progressing. I can't believe how much is done in such a small amount of time. I'm so happy for the two of you. Whayt fun!

Susie said...

Sally...
I love your fabric and the rug. The contrast in the textures will make for a beautiful room!

Needled Mom said...

I love the colors you have chosen. It will be so pretty.

jeanne said...

Hello Sally, Your drapery material is gorgeous and the rug compliments it perfectly. I know you are having fun planning how to decorate your beautiful new home. I know it will be lovely.

Hugs, Jeanne

ellen b said...

Hello Sally! I really like the fabric you chose for your drapes. Very nice. What fun to be planning for that new home. Blessings...

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Sally, I am seriously coveting that blue silk fabric...it's beautiful! Can't wait to see how your drapes turn out. The rug is gorgeous...beautiful soft colors! Your room is going to be sooooo pretty! Love that your DH is participating...how cool is that! :-)
Susan

Darlene said...

Oh WOW it looks like your home is going to be a decorated showplace!!! Beautiful choices!!

Regina said...

Hello Sally. I'm participating, (combination themes)
Great colors and designs!

Have a wonderful week.

April said...

I'm sure everything is going to come together just beautifully. I love the rug you bought!

annies home said...

very pretty blue

bj said...

O, I love all your choices, Sally. I knew you would have lots of pretty blues in your new home. I can hardly wait for ya'll to move in and then you can flood us with great photos. It is going to be such fun...
love, bj

Fifi Flowers said...

Your rug is LOVELY!!! I adore area rugs... it is the ONLY form of carpeting in my home.
Happy Blue Monday!
Fifi

claudie said...

What fun to decorate with a fresh slate. Love the carpet Sally. Your feet will be cozy.
Thanks again
Happy Blue Monday,
Love Claudie
xox

xinex said...

Your home is going to be so pretty. How wonderful that your hubby has the same favorite color, you can both decorate harmoniously. I love the silk drape fabric!...Christine

storyteller at Small Reflections said...

How nifty that he's finally taking an interest. I love your blue rug! It would look good in MY house too. Best wishes to you on this wonderful adventure.
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

Sally
Your rug and the silk fabric are divine!! I know it will be just beautiful!
Thanks for letting me participate in blue Monday!!
Sara

Knitty said...

I have no blue to share today, but had to compliment you on your new rug and drapery choice. How exciting for you both to be making these selections!

LV said...

Your drapes will go really well with that pretty rug. I love rugs of this nature as opposed to carpet. You did good on all your selections. As always, a well done blue day.

Denise Marie said...

Oh Sally, what fun you are having picking new decor. I love your choices. What is so neat when we are making changes is now our eyes go to that color or theme and seems to see it everywhere where we didn't notice it before.

So happy for ya'll.

sara said...

Oh, you home is going to be so beautiful!!! I can't wait to see it all finished.

Carolyn Ford said...

Very beautiful blues in that carpet and draperies...simply elegant!

Barbara H. said...

I love decorating a newe room, even though it takes me a while to come to decisions. Looks like this is coming together nicely. I like the curtain fabric especially.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Sally, your enthusiasm is becoming apparent in your posts. This must be such a wonderful time for you. I love the colors in your carpet. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Morning, Most Smiling One! Oh, what gorgeous fabric for your draperies! Can't wait to see them all finished and hanging. The rug is so pretty too. Now wonder why I just knew you'd go blue? :)
I'm linked up to play Blueness with you today, a little late! Now it's not 'in your face' blue - buy you can see some! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

meandering pearl said...

oh what beautiful blues!!! your home is going to be such a gorgeous space! i especially love the silk curtains & the gorgeous rug!

Thank you for inviting me to Blue Monday & have such a lovely day!!!

pretty blue wishes

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Looks like you're having fun decorating . Beautiful rug ! 8~)
~Myrna

Shy said...

I see below that your house almost finish, you probably busy looking for good stuff, shopping for new furniture for your new house.

The rug is gorgeous sally and 50% too cool thats a great deal. I like the designs and color. You can never go wrong with blue.

AnnA said...

Good evening Sal!
Now I have published this week of my bluemondaypost; some newtaken photos and some old ones.
I will wish you a Happy Blue Monday, and a great week to look forward to!/
AnnA

Luna said...

Hello Sally. I'm participating The Blue Monday too!
Great colors and designs!
Have a beautiful week!
Hughs .. Luna .. from Vienna

Lorie Shewbridge said...

I love that carpet... I have one that is very similar, but the main color is green.
Have a great week!

Kerrie said...

I linked from Beverly's at How Sweet the sound and so happy I did. Your pictures are beautiful and your blog fun and informative. I could not find a place to join as a follower? Kerrie

Musings of A Minister said...

Looks good to me. Blue is always good.

Carrie said...

Oh, how delightful to shop for new decor elements for your new home!

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

I love that rug ohhhh its gorgeous !!!
Must be so exciting!!!
Diane

Charlotte said...

Gorgeous. I absolutely love that rug.
Charlotte

squawmama said...

What beautiful colors Sally and we all know how you & Johnny love BLUE... It is going to be gorgeous... Have a great day!

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Dixie said...

Sally... we're getting excited right along with you! Love the rug!

blessings. Dixie

Susan B said...

How fun to be selecting things for your home! I love your rug, it is so pretty. My favorite color is blue also, and my husband's.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Sally, I love, love, love that drapery fabric! It is gorgeous. The rug is so pretty too. Oh, I just can't wait! laurie