Friday, June 13, 2008

The Power Of Laughter

Free Clipart Picture of Red Lips in a Smile. Click Here to Get Free Images at Clipart Guide.com
In the July issue of Ladies Home Journal an article declares that a person can laugh his/her way to better health, to more energy, to less stress, and to stronger relationships.

I fell in love with and married a hot-tempered Italian who was in the Navy. One day, newly married, Johnny and I had a BIG blow-out fight (words, never fists!). He yelled, "That's it! I'm leaving! Send my mail to the base!" and he stomped out the front door.

I flung myself across the bed and sobbed and sobbed. I would crawl home in shame. Seventeen and already a failure at life, with a broken marriage!

However, an hour later, Johnny returned, licking a chocolate ice cream cone! He had walked around the corner, found an ice cream shop, and cooled off. That's the way his temper works--white hot, then cool.

The next time we had a big fight, and he screamed, "That's it! I'm leaving! Send my mail to the base!" And he stormed toward the door.

I hollered, "Make mine vanilla!"

He fell to the floor laughing, we looked at each other laughing even harder, and from that moment on, I knew the power of laughter.

Does humor make you forget to be mad?


3 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

OK, I'm sorry, but I just think it's the coolest thing that u r bloggin'. I can't even get my grandma 2 turn ON her computer!! I'll b back & i'll add ya 2 the front page of mine!!

Heather Palacios said...

Since learning your age, I retract my earlier comment. And I resubmit it as, "I can't even get my mom 2 turn on her computer!" :)

all day (allen d) said...

great post!