Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ten Things That Begin with "B" & and Awards

Flip Flop Floozie played a letter game, and when I requested a letter from her so that I could play too, she assigned me the letter "B." I have to write about ten things in my life that start with the letter "B."

Then, Robyn at There’s Always Thyme for... tagged me with the Game of Addictions. I need to list five addictions and pass it on to five Bloggers. Andi at Andi's Everyday Adventures gave me a Fabulous award with the same requirement of listing five addictions.



I think I can get creative and combine these three. In fact, I'll top Robyn and Andi's request and make that ten addictions! So, following are ten addictions of mine that begin with the letter "B."


1. Brother- I have one brother--a twin! People often ask if we’re identical, and I tell them, “No. He was born with blue booties, and mine were pink.” Seriously, a boy and a girl can only be fraternal twins. That means we began with two separate eggs and two separate sperms and developed in two separate sacs. Yes, we do look alike; in fact, we look like brother and sister!




2. Babies- I had two: first a girl and then a boy. They call that the "millionaire's family" because you can't wear hand-me-downs; all clothing must be purchased new.


3. Butter- I prefer butter to margarine, and I can tell the difference!




4. Bed- There was a time in my life after spinal surgery when I was forced to remain in bed for over three months! I was so grateful for my love of reading, the telephone, and the television. Back in those days, Regis and I became close friends! (We visited every week day.)






5. Best friend- When I was younger, I loved Johnny, but I had other best friends. Now, I have other friends, but Johnny has become my best friend.







6. Balloons- There's something magical about balloons. They make me happy.






7. Barbecue- I make a good barbecue. Place a pork roast in a crock pot and cook it all day. Shred it, and dump in 1/2 bottle of Kraft's Honey Barbecue Sauce. Serve on soft rolls. Quick, easy, and good.





8. Brownies- I like mine with or without nuts, with or without icing, but without chocolate chips. I prefer Duncan Hines.





9. Burgers- Medium rare, please, with cheddar cheese, ketchup, a touch of mustard, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, pickle, and onion. I especially like the Old Timers Hamburger from Chili's. (The bun is unimportant.) Have you noticed that the last three items are food?





10. Blue- You just knew that with the letter B, I had to use blue since my favorite color is blue and Blue Monday has been so much fun.






If you would like to play the letter meme, just say so when you leave a comment, and I will email you a letter.

Here are five Bloggers I tag to play the Game of Addictions:

1. Charlotte

2. Baba

3. Beverly

4. Barbara

5. Carol

Bridget at My Silly Blog gave me the Butterfly award. She's so busy with decorating, shopping, and blogging that she's lost her mind! I can prove it: she's given me an award, "For the Coolest Blog I Ever Knew." Why, everyone knows that South Florida isn't cold! Humprh! However, I'll play along; I don't want to make her mad. (It is a pretty award.)

Here are the COOL rules:

A. Put the logo on your blog.

B. Add a link to the person who awarded you.

C. Nominate ten other blogs, add links to those blogs, and leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.

1. Tassie

2. Diane

3. Melissa

4. Sweetie

5. Dawn

6. Colorade Lady

7. Ann

8. Elizabeth

9. Theresa

10. Diane

Now, I have to run along and tag all of these people!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post today, good job on the B word. I enjoyed your answers. Congrats on the award.

Hugs,
Chris

Dawn said...

I loved reading your post today. Isn't it amazing that people ask if boy/girl twins are identical. That fact that one is a boy and the other a girl should be a clear sign that they are not LOL!

Thanks for the tag. I have an award I was supposed to pass on to 8 people...then I decided everyone needed it. Stop by when you get a chance and pick it up for yourself.

take care,
Dawn

squawmama said...

Wow Sally I think you're the award queen today.... That was fun reading all your "B" things... how clever was that... and look at how cute it was with you adding all those pictures... Thanks for tagging me... Have a great day...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Gwendolyn said...

Almost every blog that I have read today has made me hungry. Now I'm wanting to run out and buy a pork roast for dinner. Yummy! :o)

Missy Wertz said...

Congrats on your awards and I feel honored that you are passing one to me!

Your additions made me hungry too! We have 2 sets of twins in our SS class. One set is fraternal girls. Their maternal GM was adopted and they suspect the gene is passed down on that side. The other set identical boys.

My DH and I are best friends too.

Loved reading about you!

Bridget said...

Silly Sally, yes I have lost my mind, can you help me find it? I fear it has been gone for so long now that there is little hope!
Who says you can't be "cool" in Florida, just turn the air down a couple of degrees!
I liked your "B" post, one of my favorite letters. It is still a long time till lunch but I think I am going to have to find a Chili's and try that old time burger, yum! I'm game for the game if you want to toss a letter at me, I'll try my best to be as clever as you were.
B.

Anonymous said...

Morning, sweet Sallyness! Oh, I think this is your longest post yet! lol I love reading about all your 'Bs'! You've been a busy gal. Oh, thank you so much for the compliment.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

This looks like fun! Sure, send me a letter.

I love brownies, but with chocolate chips and without nuts.

I LOVE Kraft's honey bbq sauce.

A man in our former church said he had a twin sister, whom none of us had met, but he said he was often asked if they were identical. If people thought through that they'd realize a boy and a girl can't be identical! His answer was, "No, I have a beard."

I'm afraid I don't care for real butter. Love balloons, though!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Thank you for the award Sally. Enjoyed all your B's.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Great post! I enjoyed your "B list!" And Congrats on the award! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Darlene said...

It was fun reading your "B" post!! How cool to have a twin!!!

Lorrie said...

Hi Sally, I enjoyed reading this post a lot! Count me in for crockpot Barbecue! Funny people asking if you and your brother are identical!

bj said...

ahhh, what a fabulous posting today..i loved every bit of it.
and you DO have the coolest blog!!
love, bj

Carrie said...

Thanks for your comment on my Blue Monday post. Since you mentioned the nativity, I thought to invite you to visit my Tabletop Tuesday posts for Dec. 9 at Oak Rise Cottage and Carola Nativity Gallery blogs. The China Jewels nativity set is featured in the Gallery blog post:
http://carolanativitygallery.blogspot.com/2008/12/tablescape-tuesday-nativity-centerpiece.html
Carrie

Baba said...

Hi Sally, I have posted my addictions..I enjoyed reading all of your post for today.. Have a good day. Hugs, Baba

Picket said...

Wow great post today girl! You crammed so much good info into all that! Congrats on the awards girl & thanks for sharing those little tidbits about you....now about that tweaking...seriously...you don't move things around???? Why you little fuddie duddie you! lol lol How you know that couch wouldn't look even better on that other wall?!!!! lol lol Take care girl and have yourself a great day!

Musings of A Minister said...

Very interesting!Your posts almost always put a smile on my face. I'm sorry that my post for yesterday put a frown on yours--if only for a moment. I agree with you. I don't want to think about a sad looking Santa. But their out that--at least in our area, and have been for a few years. So I couldn't keep from saying something. However, I now wish I had just kept it to myself as it was edifying to anyone. Sorry! I hope you are smiling now and right on up to the time when Santa comes to see you.

Cathy said...

Sally, you are so good with all these creative posts. And you are very popular, getting awards all the time!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the award Sally. I love it and am very honored. I like the way you listed your addictions. The pictures make it interesting.
Guess what, I just got some other awards too and passed a couple of them on to you. (smile)
Charlotte

Unknown said...

Hi Sally,
Congratulations on your award! I appreciate you thinking of me!

I'll do a post on it as soon as I can!

Diane

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Sweet Sally!

That's neat that you're a twin. No twins in our family, but my cousins' first cousins are fraternal twins, too. They resemble, but they are really quite different personalities.

And you're not kidding about butter. Give me the real deal! And brownies... oh, yum! I'm starving (have only eaten yogurt today during my frantic race to decorate), so I think I might treat myself to a bowl of soup at Panera after I do my blog rounds.

XO,

Sheila :-)

I'd love to play with you, Sally, on this game, but I think I better err to the side of caution and do it at a later date. It's a neat game!

Salmagundi said...

Loved the 'B' addictions. You can't beat brownies and babies - the greatest addictions possible. Sally

nikkicrumpet said...

Very nice "B" work. I liked the list...except ya gotta have frosting on your brownies!!!

Anonymous said...

You did a super job on the B words!
And thank you so much for the award that was so thoughtful!!
Diane

Anonymous said...

Good evening Sally, I just loved your (B) post. I will accept your tag and post sometime this week. This is hard. I don't think I have any addictions :>)

Neabear said...

What a fun post! Enjoyed reading your "B" stuff.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Your have been busy with those tags Sally. I enjoyed reading them. Are you close to your brother since he is your twin? I think if your dh is your best friend than that is the best marriage. I agree with that.

My card holder isn't trash but someone didn't want it. Lucky me. LOL.

Christmas hugs...Jeanne

imjacobsmom said...

Good job with your tag game Sally! I agree with all of your "B" addictions. Other than having a twin I could agree with all of them. I don't have a twin, but I have a brother! I always wished I were a twin, I bet it was fun growing up! ~ Robyn

Shimmy Mom said...

Congrats on your awards. I love how you combined your tags. It's so great getting to know you better.

Your tree looks beautiful. What a great tradition for putting it up.

*hugs*