Monday, July 14, 2008

Movie Review - Wall-E

We went to three films this past week on our vacation. We went with a diverse group of all ages to see Disney's newest film, Wall-E. I love Disney films and looked forward to seeing this one. Most of the group liked the movie. Johnny and I absolutely hated it. In my opinion, it was the biggest waste of money for any film I've ever seen!

For over thirty minutes, there was no dialogue! When dialogue began, it mostly consisted of two robots calling to each other over and over: "Wall-E" and "Ev-Ah." Oh my, it was boring. The story line is that we are such horrible consumers that we have ruined planet Earth, and now, all earthlings must go to outer space to find room to exist while robots clean up the earth--which is covered with dust so thick you can barely see through it--meaning, you can barely see the film!

It's a never-ending, lonely task and so our "hero" has a companion: a roach. Yuk! At one point, the roach is stepped on, and I cheered. I DO so hate roaches. Not to worry; it came back to life. Roaches never die; we all know that.

I give this horrible film a huge thumbs down. Have you seen it? What do you think?

Tomorrow I'll review Hancock and the following day Get Smart.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Seriously, you didn't like it? I actually went it to the movie thinking that I wouldn't like it and be bored to tears, but I ended up loving it!

all day (allen d) said...

Ahhh, it was ok. WallE falling in love!

Pat R said...

Wall-E totally looks like the robot from "Short Circuit," minus the cheesy 80's style of course... but i'm sure Pixar made a totally original story otherwise

Anonymous said...

I agree about Short Circuit. I just can't make myself interested in this movie. With no dialog for a good while into the movie, my kids are too young for that. Thanks for the heads-up!