Wednesday, July 30, 2008

::Yawn:: Do You Get Enough Sleep?

"Sleeping like a baby" is an expression used--well, for babies; I know that mine could sleep through the house being bombed.

I used to sleep eight to nine hours a night. As I age, I've discovered that there are nights that my twitchy legs don't want to stay still long enough for me to sleep. Other times, I'm snoozing along and my legs will decide it's the perfect time to wake up and dance! For instance, have you ever HEARD of a charley horse in the ankle that will not quit? Well, now you have!

When my legs persistently act up, I get up and go into the office so that Johnny's sleep won't be interrupted. There's no sense in both of us being awake. I am grateful for my computer during those nights.

I found this little quiz, "Do You Get Enough Sleep?" I took it, and here are my results in blue:


You Sometimes Don't Get Enough Sleep
You're often more tired than you'd like, and you're probably not getting enough quality sleep.
Sleeping a little more could make you a lot more energetic and happy.
Try having a bedtime, keep your bedroom cool, and only eat fruit before bed.


Click on the words below, take the quiz, and please come back and share with me what you've discovered about your sleep needs. Meanwhile, I'm taking a nap!

Do You Get Enough Sleep?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My results are the same as yours, Sally. I am grateful when I sleep soundly through the night like I did when I was younger, but it doesn't happen very often!

Unknown said...

"Although sometimes it make not feel like it on Monday morning...
You are getting enough sleep.
Want to sleep better? Try wearing socks to bed and turning your clock to where you can't see it."

I'm really surprised by this answer!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to come back to take the test. My sleeping patterns vary. You have been tagged but no pressure. I hope you have a lovely day.

Cindy Swanson said...

Sally, I know I do NOT get enough sleep...I'm trying to remedy that! I know it's important for me as a diabetic to get enough sleep.

Thank you so much for your kind comment on the post about the anniversary of my dad's passing. I could feel your empathy!

John said...

The quiz shows that I get enough sleep, and I agree. I guess I'm doing something right!

"J" said...

I know one thing....
I didn't get ANY sleep last night? I don't know what it was? I was up all night off and on! I've been dragging today! =(

I'm hitting the hay early tonight!!!! =)

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I don't know about this quiz. It says I don't get enough sleep and to be honest I sleep all the time. I take naps that are longer then naps. I go to bed. Sometimes I choose sleep over reading a book *shock* Must be why I am so behind in reading. lol

Tracy Ruckman said...

My sleep varies, too - and this post made me sleepy!

Thanks for dropping by my blog - hope to see you again.

Blessings,
Tracy