Thursday, November 12, 2009

Four Worms

This was sent to me in an email.

Four Worms and a Lesson Learned




A minister decided that a visual demonstration would add emphasis to his Sunday sermon.

Four worms were placed into four separate jars..

The first worm was put into a container of alcohol.

The second worm was put into a container of cigarette smoke.

The third worm was put into a container of chocolate syrup.

The fourth worm was put into a container of good clean soil.


At the conclusion of the sermon, the minister reported the following results:

The first worm in alcohol - Dead.




The second worm in cigarette smoke - Dead.




The Third worm in chocolate syrup - Dead.




Fourth worm in good clean soil - Alive.

So the Minister asked the congregation, "What did you learn from this demonstration?"



Maxine was sitting in the back, quickly raised her hand and said,



"As long as you drink, smoke, and eat chocolate, you won't have worms!"


That pretty much ended the service.




23 comments:

Becky K. said...

Belly Laugh!
Too funny.

Becky K.

Anonymous said...

hahaha love it!!

Patti VZ said...

Loved it! You've gotta love Maxine!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Maxine is my idol...lol...straight and to the point...lol..
Molly

Cindy said...

Funny! I wonder if it would be true.
cindy

Andrea said...

Too funny.
Blessings, andrea

PS: Our son was not with us when the older war veteran came up to us. Apparently, GOD just led him to us.

Salmagundi said...

Guess it is all in the way you look at it!! Take care, Sally

jeanne said...

Sally, this IS FUNNY.

HUGS, JEANNE

Darlene said...

HAHAHAHA I just LOVE Maxine!!!

Unknown said...

That's too funny! Thanks for sharing!

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

That was so cute , my smile for the day!
Diane

Barbara H. said...

LOL! I don't do the first two, but, oh, if only eating chocolate were so beneficial!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh how funny, Sally. Loved it... Sent it on to my friends!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Judi said...

Hi Sally
*lol*...*lol*.....*lol*...
good one!
*hugs*
Judi

Anonymous said...

Oh, Most Smiling One - you're bad! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kat said...

Thanks for the big belly laugh. I love Maxine! Kathy

Charlotte said...

So funny. Thanks for the laugh.
Charlotte

bj said...

Love it, sweet Sally.
You do come up with the cutest jokes...I sure am glad you share them with all of us.
I just flat can't wait for your new house to be ready to move in. You'll be in by Christmas...won't you? How fun to decorate a brand new house. Amazing!!
xo bj

The Quintessential Magpie said...

LOL! That is such a hoot! Loved this, Sally. Will be laughing about it all day...

XO,

Sheila :-)

LV said...

I have heard that story before. I still enjoy it especially when Maxine is involved. Great feature.

Anne Fannie said...

I love it!
I am getting caught up on all the blogs I missed this past week. I was MIA!
Hugs, Ann

CC said...

This was too funny..I laughed so loud, my husband looked at me as tho to say.."you've finally gone over the edge". :). hmmmm, ok, maybe I have..., but that was funny.

Sarah said...

OK, you have me chuckling and laughing again! This is a good one!!! ~ Sarah