Sunday, November 1, 2009

Goodness!


This one was too good to pass up! However, Psalm 23 is a good one, especially as Thanksgiving approaches.

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


Spiritual Sundays are hosted by gracious Ginger and charming Charlotte. To visit other participants, click here.

See you tomorrow for Blue Monday!


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sally, bad bad! LOL
Be a sweetie,
shelia :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Sally,

My! My!

Kidding aside, I like that Psalm too. Full of promise and comfort.

Mizpah,
Li

(I don't know what are the names of those pink plants by the fence. WOuldn't it be beautiful to have a filed full of them? :-))

Anonymous :) said...

One positive mama/papa bear.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Talk about being an optimist in the face of troubles! I'm glad to feel that my cup runneth over, and I'm glad that my cub has not been runneth over!! Have a good Sunday. laurie

Sue said...

Hi Sally, so cute! and thanks for posting one of my favorite psalms. I have been meditating on this song this week, Enjoy your day,
Hugs,
Sue

Beverly said...

Poor Mama Bear. We all need to pray for her. ;-)

Debbie said...

haha, I enjoyed the cartoon and I love that Psalm. Blessings to you, Debbie

Regina said...

:)Really good! Happy Sunday.

Coloradolady said...

Poor mama bear...but funny at the same time....cute Sally.

Blondie's Journal said...

I wish I could think like Mama Bear. And the Psalm is perfect!

xoxo
Jane

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Spiritual Sunday, Sally!

Blessings,
Sandi

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cute one, Sally....

Hope you are having a nice day. It's CHILLY here in TN today.
Hugs,
Betsy

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

Thanks for sharing this verse sally. Hope you will have an abundant thanksgiving which is very sooon. Just wanna greet you ahead.

jeanne said...

Hi Sally, Your sense of humor cracks me up. I do love the 23rd psalm and it always gives me peace when I think of my loved ones who are no longer here on earth.

Blessings to you today, Jeanne

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This is another cute one! I enjoyed your scripture today also.
Blessings,
Ginger

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bj said...

Awwwwww..poor little cub..and mama.
I love this post, Sally..and your pink one, too.
I have been staying with grands this weekend and had grandkid things to do instead of blogging!!
hugs, bj

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Have a wonderful week Sally
Diane

Ms.Daisy said...

Thank you for sharing Psalm 23 with us today...one of my personal favorites. Have a wonderful week!


Blessings,
Jean

Denise said...

Really like this.

Carly said...

this is cute! Thanks for sharing!

Charlotte said...

Cute cartoon and wonderful scripture. We just got home yesterday so I'm late in visiting S.S. posts.
Charlotte