Monday, December 19, 2011

Blue Monday - Nativity Collection

Welcome! It's Blue Monday! For instructions, just click here.

I showed this post last year about this time, but since I cannot improve it, I've decided to share it again. I hope you don't mind.

Visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links and wishing them a Happy Blue Monday! I love to see the many ways Blogland shows their blues.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I began collecting nativities some years ago. The ones I'm sharing today all contain our celebrated color Blue! This is a music box that I bought after Christmas a couple of years ago. I find that's the best time to shop for Christmas goodies. See the Blue blanket?




Here's my Blogger's Cookie Jar. As everyone knows, bloggers ❤ roosters, and this cookie jar has a rooster on the roof! This is the ONLY rooster in my home--that means that I am BARELY a blogger!

My daughter thinks it's ugly and that I should toss it. Of course, I disagree; what do you think?

Several characters are dressed in Blue, and even the walls of the stable contain Blue!




My mother's favorite color was Blue, and she made this ceramic set for me in 1972. She's been gone for quite some time, and therefore, this set becomes more precious each year. It has been broken and badly repaired several times (by me). I know that it's no longer perfect, but I cannot bear to throw it out. It was made and given with love.

Don't look outside or you'll be Christmas green with jealousy at my Florida climate and gorgeous palm!




Here's a whimsical teddy bear nativity scene with plenty of Blue. I've had it for several years.




I did not even know what a cloche was until I began blogging, but now I love to display things in mine. This nativity scene has Blue on Mary and Jesus.



You can get a better view with the cloche removed.




I was sent this cartoon this past week and felt that I HAD to share it with you. After all, it IS Blue.




Happy Blue Monday
and I wish you and yours
a Blessed Christmas!


1. J.Rye
2. Travels & Wandering
3. Chubskulit
4. Mrs.D
5. Dias Spot
6. Calliou
7. Dhemz
8. Spice Up Your Life
9. ROC
10. Water Lily
11. Christine
12. LaVoice
13. mizhelle
14. JBigg's Union Station
15. Leah H.
16. Pie
17. Eden,Australia
18. Leovi - For Freedom
19. Riet, Holland
20. Tina´s PicStory
21. Whimsical Blue
22. 4U2
23. JennyHansson
24. Mona
25. Lainy's Musings
26. Magical Mystical Teacher
27. Jeanne, backyard neighbor
28. Maria's Space
29. alexa in nyc, usa
30. Black Eyed Susans Kitchen
31. Anne
32. Lani
33. Dorincard: Antarctic blues, USAF McMurdo
34. Auntie E
35. LadyD
36. Luna Miranda
37. Wood Floor Polish Glitter Ornaments
38. Rubberduck
39. KM @ more than seXy
40. Leovi - The smile of oblivion
41. Kim, USA
42. Gypsy Lala
43. Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
44. Fluffing the Hen House
45. Mountain Mermaid
46. Myrna
47. Patricia
48. Rebel Sweetheart
49. Magical Mystical Teacher #2

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


34 comments:

Dhemz said...

they're really cute Sally! Merry Christmas....:)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Very cute nativity scenes!

xinex said...

Love your many Nativity collection, Sally! Merry Christmas!..Christine

LV said...

I enjoyed seeing some of the treasures that are so special to you. Best wishes for happy holidays. May your New Year be filled with many blessings and good health.

Barbara F. said...

It's a cute cookie jar. Looks even better when it is filled with cookies. :) Merry Christmas, Sally, to you and your family. xo

cassandrasminicorner said...

Just like my sister-in-law that enjoys collecting those cute nativities too.. They are so cute. Like them:)

Happy Monday!

http://www.loveablecassandra.com/2011/12/dolphin-kids-swimming-pool.html

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Sally!

LOVE all your nativity collection! So beautiful for the holidays!!! :)

It's been awhile since I've linked up - such a pleasure to join in this week. Thank you so much for hosting! :) Happy Holidays!

Hugs,
Jessie

4U2 said...

Good blue Monday morning!
Was your mother potter? She made a beautiful creation.
Hugs

Bestfriend said...

they are really cute... i really like that teddy bear nativity scene...

Happy holidays Sally

w0rkingAth0mE said...

Very cute christmas decors .. Merry christmas =.

Czjai said...

Love the Nativity scene the most. Reminds us of what Christmas is really all about. :)

Jeanne said...

Good morning Sally, I'm up early today so I thought I would get a good start before my day gets busy. First I love your humor in your post today. It means you must really be feeling better. I pray that I am right.

You know I love the nativities you shared today. I love the rooster and I am so glad it qualifies you as a blogger, even if it is barely. We always called a cloche a dome. Cloche was a new one for me too. The nativity in the cloche is so sweet. The nativity your mother made is a keeper for sure, even if it has a few boo boos. Keep them all, Smile.

Blessings and love to you and yours this Christmas and throughout the New Year my dear blogging friend.
Jeanne

Maria's Space said...

If I had money I would collect nativity scenes. I love these. So beautiful.

Alexa said...

Your nativity scenes are charming, Sally! Hope you have a lovely holiday --

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The cartoon made my day. Thanks!

Annesphamily said...

Sally your Nativity sets are beautiful. I love them all. You are one sweet blue lady! Enjoy the week! Hugs Anne

Anonymous said...

This is one blogger who doesn't ♥ roosters. :-) I love the Nativity your mom made, both for its sentimental value and because it's pretty.

Dorincard said...

Hi, Sally!
So, even Teddy Bears "go Nativity"...
The skinny snowmodel cracks me up!...:)
Merry Christmas!

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Merry Christmas, Sally. I know this must be a very special one for you and yours!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Hi Sally, It wouldn't be Christmas without a nativity ...I also included mine in my post today.
♥, Susan

Auntie E said...

Love all the nativity views. I only have a couple. and I do not think blue are on them, I will have to check it out. we usually do not put them out until Christmas day. happy blue Monday.

LadyD Piano said...

'Tis a Blue Monday, the decorations warm my heart and the comic made me chuckle! :=) Merry Christmas!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Sally, You have a wonderful collection of nativities. My sister collects them also. I have three (had four, but my youngest son got married in August and I gave him one he has sent me from Italy). I love the funny snowman joke. Hope you have a very wonderfully 'Blue' (not sad) Christmas!

Loui♥ said...

Hi Sally..
beautiful treasures one and all!!
I too have "special ornaments and such" which were also made and given in love..altho tattered and worn from the years..i cannot ever toss them away.. they are simply irreplaceable and priceless!!
may you have an absolutely wonderful Christmas!!
thanks for the joy and delight you've shared these past few years.. you truly are one of my most treasured of friends!!
much love and warmest hugs..
Loui♥

My name is Riet said...

Hi Sally.I remember seeing these beauties before. I love all your decorations.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Sally, Just stopped by to say HI... Love your teddy bear nativity... CUTE!!!!!

The cartoon is funny!!!

Hope you are healthy now--and have a blessed Christmas and a healthy 2012.
Hugs,
Betsy

Leovi said...

Wonderful and cute Cribs.

Unknown said...

What beautiful Nativities. Lots of blue too. I just realized that my patterns also have beautiful blues in them

Eden said...

Love all your Christmas nativities.

Cathy said...

I love all the things you shared, and the cookie jar is very cute. The cartoon was cute too. Hope you are feeling well. Merry Christmas!

Cildemer said...

Lovely decorations! And the cartoon is so funny! Thanks for sharing;o)

***
Merry Christmas to you and your family****

*.* . + _/\_. * . * .. + . * . * . * * .. * *
*. +. * ),” ( . * . + * . +. + . * .+ . * + . * . * . * .
………..{_}
……… /……\\…………_/\_
…….. /……..\\………*>,”<
……. /_____\\\……*Silent Night,
…. {`______`}\\….* , + * Star Above,
….././..o….o..\\\\\…….._/\_
…(….(__O__)…)\\…….>,”<
…{………u….`-”}\\\..+ *.*.+.*.+ Blessed Gifts
… {………………}\…..*,+*.._/\_ * + . of hope
…. /{…………..}\\………*,..>,”< + * *+and love,
… /….”…………”…\\…*……..*
.. /_/……`”`…..\\\\_\\..* + ., * * , +*
..{__}##{ ]##{__}\
..(_/\\\\\\\|\\\\\_/\\_)\..Have a Joyous Christmas Season!
…….|___|___|\\……..+ * , . * ** * , . * +
………..|–|–|\\\…….+,*+..*
……….(__)`(__)\\\\\\
¤Â°.¸Â¸.•Â´Ã‚¯`**’¤Â°.¸Â¸.•Â´Ã‚¯`*¤Â°
…………..MERRY CHRISTMAS……………..

Lainy said...

May you have a beautiful Christmas, Sally.

Hugs!

Musings of A Minister said...

I love this post. I don't get around much anymore but I had to come by and wish you a Merry Christmas. I never forget you--never! I am thankful that you got me started in book reviewing. You are a special person. God bless you as live for Him.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally... a wonderful collection, and each one special.

Have a Blessed Christmas as we celebrate the birth of Jesus... the reason for the day, the season, and the chief end of man... to bring Him glory and enjoy Him forever!