Monday, July 9, 2012

Blue Monday - Candy Bar

Welcome! It's Blue Monday! For complete instructions, just click here.

Visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links and wishing them a Happy Blue Monday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may remember that our granddaughter, Lauren, got married this June. I reported that her colors were purple and Blue.

Instead of the traditional wedding cake, they served cupcakes, half were purple and the other half were Blue. Some cupcakes had white icing with a candy heart placed on top; others had a Blue candy circle with the letter D inscribed. (That's the first letter of the couple's last name.)



Rather than a cupcake, the couple wanted to have a small cake to cut.
Here's a picture of it. Note that big, Blue "D" on top.




A new wedding custom is to offer guests candy, along with some wedding cake.
A large table (a candy bar) held Blue, purple and silver candy (gummy bears, taffy, twisters, kisses, etc).





Guests lined up and helped themselves.
Please note the Blue tablecloth.




What did you serve for dessert at your wedding?

Happy Blue Monday!


1. Tina´s PicStory
2. Magical Mystical Teacher
3. Stars, Stripes and Blooms
4. Riet, Holland
5. Eden, Australia
6. A Couple of Projects....
7. Kermit and I Like Green
8. 4U2 Sweden
9. Lina
10. HansHB
11. Gittan Sweden
12. Christine
13. Savannah Granny
14. Jackie
15. Emzkie, PA
16. LaVoice
17. Gaylord Opryland Resort Nashville TN July 4th
18. Jim, Sydney, Australia
19. Bird's Bath
20. Grand Hotel @ My Place to Yours
21. Fitness & Faily
22. XyeXyrus
23. Jack Rabbit
24. Chubskulit
25. Pretty Lamp
26. Birthday Yummies
27. Rose
28. Deliciously Spicy Moments
29. Sherry
30. LadyD
31. Blue Jacket
32. Kids e-Connection
33. Mary,MI
34. Linnea
35. Pottery and Ivy
36. Pat ~ Mille Fiori Favoriti (USA)
37. Miss Robin Update
38. Linda
39. 4joy
40. Marleen, The Netherlands
41. Luna Miranda
42. Mannika
43. Leah H.
44. Debbie day 8 Driving to Venice
45. AnnA, Sweden
46. SwedishCorner - DownUnder
47. John McElveen
48. mark, australia
49. Gemma's Greyscale
50. Joy @Books and Life
51. Ann
52. sandi @ the whistlestop cafe
53. Myrna-My Enchanted Home
54. Gracia Fashionista
55. Bonz World
56. Amazing Grace
57. Elaine

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


33 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sally,
Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

My name is Riet said...

Hi Sally. LOvely all those cupcakes.

Eden said...

Wow..the cupcakes look good. Beautiful photos.

Jenny said...

I had a really hard time linking this morning. xo Jenny

Lina Gustina said...

Pretty and yummy cupcakes!
At my wedding, for dessert we served various puddings, traditional cakes and sliced fruits.

http://www.1sthappyfamily.com/2012/07/traditional-ceremony.html

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

What a sweet, extravagant display of blue!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Sally, The dessert table looks so nice! I did not know that people were serving candy at weddings now. It has been quite some time since I've been to a wedding. My daughter's friends are beginning to get married now and she has been to 4 already this summer, so I will have to ask her what they served for dessert. I can only remember serving the cake at ours, but that was 32 years ago (this Thursday!) so I may have forgotten! Best wishes to the new couple! Linda

xinex said...

The cupcakes are really pretty and they make a pretty tabletop. Best wishes to the newlyweds!...Christine

Charlotte said...

Beautiful wedding photos. Great idea to save money!

Emzkie said...

wow love their cake! it looks pretty yummy!

http://www.asahmreviews.net/2012/07/great-buys-in-macy/

Unknown said...

Love the cake!

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

I attended a weekend wedding where the couple also served cupcakes to guests (sadly, no candy bar) and had a small cake to cut. New traditions!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen cupcakes like that: quite unique. I love the cake. We just had cake, nuts, and mints at ours 32 years ago. Receptions seem to have gotten more elaborate since then.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Cupcakes is a great idea!

GranthamLynn said...

Oh I love weddings. And wedding cake! What a pretty display. Thanks for sharing. I am havin' a Blue picnic today.
Have a great week.
Sherry

LadyD Piano said...

Love the "D" on top! We had a beautiful cake and our guests went home with "koufetta", sugar coated almonds. Happy Blue Monday Sally!

Neabear said...

Beautiful wedding colors. Blue was one of the colors at my wedding. The men wore blue tuxes. The dessert at ours was the cake.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a lovely derssert bar your grand daughter had at her wedding, Sally! Cupcakes are very popular these days.

My daughter's wedding this past May had a traditional wedding cake for dessert, but we also added a three tier tray to every guest table that held fresh fruit, cookies and pastries.

At my wedding we served cake and ice cream :)

joanne said...

great wedding pics and treats....all that sugar makes me smile!

Marleen said...

These are perfect for a wedding, I'm sure they were delicious.
Happy Blue Monday!

cassandrasminicorner said...

Yummy cupcakes and beautiful colors:)

Mine is up:

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/07/glow-in-the-dark-mini-golf.html

AnnA said...

Happy Blue Monday, Sally!
Have a nice weekend!
Greetings from the Mrs in the blue hat...

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Awesome looking cupcakes!
Thanks for hosting, Sally :) Sorry for being 'late'. I blame the time difference ;)Good morning!! It's already Tuesday morning here in Australia, very early... not even 0530am! Have a lovely day :)
~Pernilla

Full-On-Forward said...

BEAUTIFUL PICS SALLY- AND AS ALWAYS- THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT IN BRINGING US ALL TOGETHER!

HUGS,

JOHN


oops, sorry about the caps lock!

LV said...

What a lovely touch to a wedding. I never had a wedding like this, and if I had probably would not remember what was served.

Gemma Wiseman said...

What a grand, creative idea! Those little wedding features look so delightful!

joyh82 said...

Those look so delicious. Pretty too! Happy Blue Monday Sally :)

Ann said...

Cupcakes are really the rage for weddings--so neat most of them have plenty of flavors so you can choose what you want. The icing was done so beautifully too.
Ann

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Love the beautiful cupcake pics! I love the new fad to have cupcakes at a wedding.

Mary said...

This is a nice way to look at blue..I find that a cheery Monday idea.

Mary said...

This is a nice way to look at blue..I find that a cheery Monday idea.

MS Raghav said...

my first time here! looking forward to check out some other blogs !!

Annesphamily said...

I missed you last week! I tweaked my back and did not get to put up my post. :(
I am patiently waiting tonight to add my Blue Monday here!
The wedding "cakes" are yummy and they sure are the latest trend.
Great post!