Monday, December 14, 2015

Blue Monday - Christmas Cloches

Hi there! It's Blue Monday! For instructions, just click here.

Please leave a comment for me; I guarantee that I'll visit and leave one for you. Visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links and leaving comments. If it's too much for one day, come back later in the week. Make someone's day when you wish them a Happy Blue Monday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When you leave a comment for me, I count it as a gift. Show some love by visiting as many Blue participants by clicking on their links and wishing them a Happy Blue Monday!


~~❤ ♡♡ ❤❤ ♡♡ ❤❤ ♡♡ ❤❤ ♡♡ ❤❤ ♡♡ ❤~~


Recently, I arranged a Christmas grouping with five different sized cloches.

Sometimes just a touch of Blue is all that is needed to catch the eye.



Mary, Joseph, and Jesus show some Blue. Mary in a Blue cape, and Jesus on a Blue blanket. I used one of my and Blue white plates under the cloche.



No Blue here, but I thought you might want to see a close-up of the angels. (For those who noticed in the first shot, I've straightened the large angel's halo.)



I'm not crafty, so whenever I do anything crafty-like, I get so tickled with myself. A couple of years ago, I spray painted these pine cones silver. It took three coats before I was satisfied that all of the brown was covered; however, I can see some peeking out.

When they were dry, I filled the cloche with them and added some Blue and silver ornaments that I bought at the $ store.

Next, I placed the filled cloche on another Blue and white plate.



In this tiny cloche, I placed a little snowman dressed in a Blue hat, scarf, mittens, and shoes.

Even his sled is Blue and he's got a Blue sack full of Blue wrapped presents.



This tiny cloche is showing some children building a snowman. I realize that it's totally white, but the lamp behind it is two shades of beautiful Blue.



Are you using any cloches in your Christmas decorating?

Happy Blue Monday!


1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.
10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.
19.

20.

21.

22.

23.

24.

25.



25 comments:

Jim said...

Merry Blue Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Love the cloche with the big pinecones! Wow, you have lot of blue in your Christmas decorations"_

Jutta.K. said...


Dear Sally
Charming and beautiful are thy cloches copies.
you've got a remarkable and large collection, nice to have something like this.
I´m sure each object has a matching story about it.
I wish you a harmonious 3rd Advent week and send you
♥ Ly greetings from Germany
Jutta

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sally,
Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

They look very attractive, Sally. We don't have any of these to use in our decorations. We have used lots of Christmas baubles of all colours this year (including blue, of course!)

Alexa said...

Love your pretty Christmas cloches, Sally. Have a great week.

My Desktop Daily said...

They look beautiful, Sally.

GranthamLynn said...

thanks for the party. Have a good day.

My name is Riet said...

Hi Sally. Lovely blues Sally, I love those cloches. I did put a blue angel in my cloche yesterday.
Sally, you commented on my blog with hi Wren,I know you know my name by now LOL and this is a special post I would like you to read. Happy blue Monday
Riet

LV said...

You have done better than me.I have a table cloth and a cookie jar out and that is it. You did great with your ideas for the cloches. HAVE A GOOD WEEK.

photodoug said...

Sally, what a wonderful gathering of Christmas Cloches. Thanks for sharing.

Ann said...

Very beautiful, my favorite is the nativity on the blue plate. I have one with a ballet slipper signed by a dancer from the Nutcracker.
Ann

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Your cloches look lovely.
I use cloches to but I started to do that to keep my husbands cats from wrecking things.
Anything new and they are all over it.
Have a greet week.
Denise

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

What a lovely collection under your cloches Sally. Thank you for Blue Monday.

Jeanne said...

Hello Sally, I am sorry my post is late but better late than never. I have spent over two hours trying to figure out the typepad changed format. I am so annoyed. Such is life. I sent them a message but have not heard back yet.

Your Christmas decorations in a cloche are so pretty. Each one is a treasure. I need to get mine out and do the same thing. This is such a festive way to share your decorations. I did not notice the halo on the angel. LOL. The silver cones look so pretty. Good job.

Love,
Jeanne

joyh82 said...

Love your cloche vignette. I keep looking for those at sales :)
Have a wonderful week and Happy Blue Monday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally,

I'd never thought about putting decorations inside a cloche or glass vase but I really love what you've done with the silver cones so I might do something similar in a glass vase. Looks so pretty :-)

Have a great week,
Sarah

Iremonger Lindsay JacoBus Quinlan Pickens said...

powerful.

Linda Kay said...

I've always enjoyed decorations under glass. Nice job.

Salmagundi said...

I love the cloche with the nativity -- the etching on it makes it unique. Thanks for faithfully hosting this fun party. Sally

Al said...

A very nice setting with a touch of blue. Happy Blue Monday!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I was able to do a blog post, after all! :)
I love your new header, Sallyand your pretty decorated cloches. Happy Blue Monday!

doodles n daydreams said...

Lovely blue decorating. The cloches are something different for me, I've never used them but they look so nice.

Diana

veta said...

Happy Blue Day to you, Sally.
I didn't join for this week blue monday but I do make sure that I can comment here just to let know that I am still here. :-)

Floranet said...

Great Post!! Absolutely amazing.