It's Blue Monday! To participate:
1. Post about something blue on your blog. It can be pretty, ugly, funny, old, or new as long as it's blue.
2. Drag the Blue Monday button from here, and place it on your blog. Place another one on your sidebar.
3. Return here after midnight when Mr. Linky will be up, and leave your name and your URL. Don't forget to leave a comment for me.
4. Visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links. Make someone's day; leave a comment.
5. Check back later to make certain you've visited all the Blue participants.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Here is a picture of the Swedish artist, Göran Wärff, who works for Kosta Boda. His work is represented at museums in USA, Japan, Australia and Europe. I have an engraved blue vase made by Göran Wärff. Engraved pieces also have his signature near the designer's name.
Even though it's a designer piece, I bought it because I love it. When I first saw it, I gasped aloud. I especially like the three colors in the vase and the shape of it. It's quite heavy.
My vase sits on the coffee table in my living room. It's especially beautiful on bright days. If you look closely, or if you click the picture, you can see rows of dots. I don't know how he does such precise work as that.
When the sun shifts, different angles seem to appear. You can see the rows of dots better in this shot. There is "movement" in the piece.
Looking from another angle, the sculpture changes completely.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! I am thankful for you!
|1. An Enchanted Cottage|
2. ellen b
5. Diane @ A Picture is......
7. Lana G!
10. Heidi Jo the Artist
|13. Dirkjogt, Belgium|
14. Backyard Neighbor
18. charli and me
27. Barbara H.
34. Melissa\'s Cozy Teacup