It's Blue Monday! To participate:
1. Post about something blue on your blog. It can be pretty, ugly, funny, old, or new as long as it's blue. Leave a link to this blog on your post.
2. Drag the Blue Monday button from here, and place it on your blog. Place another one on your sidebar.
3. Return here after midnight when Mr. Linky will be up, and leave your name and your URL. Do NOT link in until after your post is up. Please remember to leave a comment for me.
4. Visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links. Make someone's day; leave a comment.
5. Check back later to make certain you visit all the Blue participants.
Vincent van Gogh painted a beautiful picture called, Irises. The flowers are a bluish-purple. Here's a copy:
We recently painted our guest bathroom a soft blue. The wall is actually a softer blue than the picture shows. I wanted some art work to hang over the towel rack. I had an old brown, wooden frame, and I asked my husband to paint it white to match the woodwork. I took a large chip with the wall paint on it and matched it to a print of Irises at a picture frame shop in our local mall. I put the print into the newly-painted white frame. Here it is!
This is another shot of the picture. It's taken while looking into the white framed mirror. I used white, fluffy towels because I think that the white tones down the blue and allows the picture to "fit."
|1. ellen b|
2. An Enchanted Cottage
3. kathy b
8. Kim:mom-musing (my first time)
19. Dirkjogt, Belgium
20. Backyard Neighbor
24. Lana G!
26. Barbara H.
30. Susan M. Hickam
32. Baba\'s blog
33. charli and me
34. Anne Fannie
37. Linda\'s Blue Gate
39. Heidi Jo the Artist