Janet hosts Friday Fill-ins here. If you'd like to play along, check it out.
1. One of the best movies I ever saw that I really didn't think I'd like was Hancock with Will Smith. See for yourself. Rent it!
2. Apple Butter Bars is a recipe I recently made that was delicious! I got the recipe from Blogland.
3. It's time for all my favorite television programs. How I've missed them!
4. Opening windows is quite refreshing. I take deeper breaths and sigh contently.
5. If I never hear the word OMG again, it'll be too soon. Tsk. Tsk. Taking God's name in vain.
6. To one side of the curving road was a huge display of orange pumpkins for sale, and on the other was a beautiful Royal Palm Tree.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to a relaxing evening, tomorrow my plans include church and Sunday, I want to watch Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, and read the newspaper!
Apple Butter Bars from a different Sally at salmagundi.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups apple butter
Stir flour, soda, salt, oats, and sugar together. Add melted butter stirring thoroughly until all dry ingredients are mixed in.
Press half of oat mixture firmly in greased 9 x 13 pan. Spread with apple butter. Pat remaining oat mixture lightly on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
There's a TON of excitement around here as I'm hosting all these delightful BOOK GIVEAWAYS--see my sidebar. If you live in the US or Canada, please take advantage!