Monday, October 3, 2011

Blue Monday - Blue Sign

Welcome! It's Blue Monday! For complete instructions, please click here.

Visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links and wishing them a Happy Blue Monday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a touch of "cabin fever," so Johnny and I went out for lunch one day. I remembered to take along my camera in the hope of finding some Blue. This is what we spotted.




I had Johnny make a U-turn so that I could get a better shot.
This is a busy four-lane road, and we did the best that we could.
I had to wait for the traffic to clear so that I could take the shots.
Then, a police car turned the corner, and we had to MOVE.





I have no idea why this Blue mural/sign is there. There are no clues. I spent several
hours calling county offices and working the computer, but no one had any answers.
( I even called the business across the street.)
Ah well . . .




I think it's cute the way the Blue sky so closely matches the Blue sign.


Happy Blue Monday!


1. Ms. Burrito
2. Bowling Fun
3. Secret Garden
4. DeeJay
5. Luna Miranda, Manila
6. Rose
7. Messy Painting
8. Sherry
9. Spice Up Your Life
10. mizhelle
11. Chubskulit
12. Elaine
13. LaVoice
14. Dias Spot
15. Dhemz
16. Divine
17. Milla
18. Recycled Gown
19. Lainy's Musings
20. A Sojourner's Saga
21. Scotty's Princess
22. Leovi - Waiting for the Miracle
23. Carrie - Blue and White Thrift
24. Pie
25. Party of Three
26. Jenny
27. Riet, Holland
28. Carpe Diem Sweden
29. 36 Weeks After
30. Deliciously Spicy Moments
31. Shydub
32. 4U2
33. Lesley
34. clavs
35. Rinkly Rimes
36. Shannara
37. emma, sweden
38. OZ Mini
39. Clavel
40. Ella Maes Barn Gathering
41. Birgitta - FOTO chip
42. Jeanne, backyard neighbor
43. Eden,Australia
44. nattsyrransphoto Sweden
45. Black Eyed Susans Kitchen
46. Lina, Indonesia
47. DeCherie
48. Leovi - A thousand kisses deep
49. The French Hutch
50. Dear Helen Hartman
51. Dorincar: blue sky of South Korea
52. Anne
53. Lesa @ Dusty Us Diaries
54. Hyacinths for the Soul
55. Kim,USA
56. Visits With Mary
57. Halloween Tea?
58. hapzydeco
59. Ann
60. Mama Zen
61. Baba's Babies
62. Joy- Books and Life
63. Smiling Baby
64. Dixie
65. imriz
66. RobinfromCA
67. Mountain Mermaid
68. Debbie at The Paint Splash
69. Rose Chintz Cottage
70. Table Runner
71. Tinas PicStory
72. Fuzzy Friend
73. Patricia
74. KM @ more than seXy

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


52 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Those are gorgeous Sally. Have a fabulous Week!

Savannah Granny said...

Sally, this is so neat. I hope you can find out who is sponsoring. HBM! Ginger
I linked up but I don't see anything there. Hugs,

Savannah Granny said...

Sally, Not to worry, It has popped up now. Hugs,

Anonymous said...

That is a really neat sign! Glad you got to get out and about a bit.

Marice said...

thats for you to capture Sally :) nice shots!

Elaine said...

A nice mural in blue.. I wonder what it's for

Dhemz said...

pretty nifty...:) great shot Sally!

LV said...

Perhaps it was painted as another way to help make the roadway look much nicer. It appears to be near grounds that are well kept. It is definitely an eye catcher. So glad you could be out and enjoy seeing this sign as well as other pretty sights. Take care.

Blondie's Journal said...

Whatever reason it's there for, it sure is interesting! A nice piece of art!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend, Sally!

XO,
Jane

Fashion Momma said...

Love the mural.

My Blue Monday.

Carrie said...

It is a strikingly beautiful design...it's like something related to a community playground or elementary school...
Vvery nice photography out on a busy road, Sally!

Lalah said...

the mural makes me think of happy family bond which I'm a fond of.

Have a happy week ahead :)

Gin Hansson said...

it's really cool blue and very neat. Good luck on finding any idea of that signs..:) i'd like to know too:).

Happy monday Sally. Hugs

Marie said...

Love the mural you found on your road trip Sally. Real happy art.

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

Nice find Ms. Sally. I like the family illustrations in that artistic mural.

Mine is here

http://www.teachermomma.com/2011/10/blue-monday-souvenir-and-puzzle/

4U2 said...

Nice pictures! have a happy blue monday!

Clavel said...

how are you aunt sally...my link is up.
clavs

Clavel said...

Aunt Sally, this is my second entry today.
clavs

B i r g i t t a said...

Wow - this is nice street art! Love it!

Jeanne said...

Good morning Sally, I can't believe it, I just wrote a long comment and Google wouldn't let it post because they wanted my cell ph number. It happened last night too. How annoying. No way am I putting my cell # out there. I am trying again.

Your photo of the mural is a real Blue Monday find. I too love the mural against the beautiful blue sky. I wonder what it is made out of...maybe cement?

I am so glad you are out having a pleasant day. Too bad the police car spoiled the fun.

Love you,
Jeanne

Eden said...

Beautiful mural. Great shots.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Hi Sally, It is so good to hear that you are out and about. What an interesting mural/wall/fence. Maybe it is just an art installation that they put in to beautify the area. It is very eye catching!

Lina Gustina said...

Love the mural :)

http://www.1sthappyfamily.com/2011/10/post-office-in-jakarta-old-town.html

Maharlikah said...

Hi, can't comment...but trying again for the third time... I hope this works :-)

My Blue Monday

The French Hutch said...

hi Sally, Love the blue mural for Blue Monday. I'm sure it was a lovely day for a drive with all the puffy clouds and blue sky. Thanks dear for hosting.......

~Emily
The French Hutch

DearHelenHartman said...

So pretty. Glad to see you're getting out and hosting again. Best wishes for a great week.

Dorincard said...

Hi, Sally! I'm glad that you are enjoying life again. Cool blue mural - symbolism dear to somebody. :)

Annesphamily said...

I love the mural! What fun you have here today! Hugs to you Sally!

Sarah said...

Sally, it is a pretty mural, but a mystery. ;-)
Thanks for hosting. Glad you are getting out some.
~ Sarah

Visits With Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Visits With Mary said...

Very nice mural..WoW...source unknown, very mysterious...

Baba said...

What a wonderful blue huge sign..I love it. Have a great day. Hugs, Baba

joyh82 said...

Wow, whoever made it, it's great and very unique. Happy Blue Monday Sally, hope you are doing well today.

My name is Riet said...

HI Sally
What a lovely blue post What a great mural.
Haooy Blue Monday Sally.

Momgen said...

Wow pretty...

http://mommyko.com/2011/10/blue-monday-smiling-baby.html

Dixie said...

what a creative and beautiful roadside greeting!

happy Blue Monday Sally! Hope you're feeling in the PINK! ;)

blessings. Dixie

Lesa said...

The sky does perfectly coordinate-- how cool. Looks like a mural for a park.

RobinfromCA said...

A little surprise just for you! It can be the only explanation! Very cute! Happy Blue Monday!

Robin

Loui♥ said...

Hi Sally!!
can you believe I forgot to LINK UP!!??? i really did!
I love the mural!!
please be sure to let us know when you find out the details behind it!
it is beautiful!!
hugs!
Loui♥

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Well, someone did a very nice thing there, Sally. I love the mural. It's so happy!

I'm glad you got out and got to go to lunch. The weather is gorgeous now, so I'm hoping you will be able to enjoy it more.

Love you...

XO,

Sheila

Leovi said...

Excellent light, I love those pictures of beautiful skies and clouds exquisite.

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Great blue mural Sally. Glad you felt well enough to get out! Blessings, Debbie

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sally,
I am very late signing up because I didn't put my post up until this afternoon. There is a little bit of blue so hope it will be OK. That's a very nice mural for whatever reason it's there. Have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a fabulously happy blue mural and a sky that matches.

Hope your lunch was as great as your blue Monday!

God bless and have a marvelous day sweetie! :o)

Carol Ann said...

Love your beautiful blue sky! It's pretty here today too!

Ann said...

It really is cool the way the sky blends in with the mural. Odd nobody seems to know what it's for.
Happy Blue Monday
Ann

Rebecca said...

Very different!

Rebecca said...

Very different!

Lainy said...

Uniquely beautiful!

April said...

That has to be one of the neastest signs I've even seen, Sally! Hope your day is going well!

Savannah Granny said...

Sally, thanks for visiting. Did you ever find what the panorama was about? Hugs, Ginger

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally, I just wanted to pop over to say I hope you are feeling better :>) The poster has a lot of nice blue. Since it's not Monday so I will say happy Thursday.
Take care, Carol