Monday, October 10, 2011

Blue Monday - Legoland & Columus Day!

Welcome! It's Blue Monday! For instructions, just click here.

Visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links and wishing them a Happy Blue Monday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have two Blue topics to share today. The first is my grandson and Legoland, Florida. Here's Pierce, on the right, wearing a Blue hat, with his buddy, Ben. They're both Lego-NUTS. Note all the other Blue Lego items in the background.

Legoland opens October 15th; however, these fortunate guys got to go to the preview opening! Need I say they had a blast!





My second Blue is about Columbus Day. A U.S. national holiday since 1937, Columbus Day commemorates the arrival of Christopher Columbus in the New World on October 12, 1492. Please notice all the shades of Blue.

1492


Columbus day is a public holiday in many parts of the United states, but it is not observed in some states. Government offices and schools are generally closed, but businesses may be open. The flag of the United States is displayed on Government buildings. Here's a statue of Columbus. Look at that Blue sky.



There are parades and of course, many businesses have Columbus Day sales. If interested, look here for more information.



Happy Blue Monday!
Please remember to leave me a comment.


1. mizhelle
2. Mini Pizza
3. RylieC
4. Corn Maze
5. Plank
6. Chubskulit
7. Dhemz
8. Rose
9. Sherry
10. xoxo Sherry
11. Dias Spot
12. Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA
13. LaVoice
14. Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA, 2nd entry
15. Rajesh, India
16. Deliciously Spicy Moments
17. 36 Weeks After
18. Riet
19. Pat@Mille Fiori Favoriti
20. GRACE,Philippines
21. Christine
22. emma, sweden
23. A Sojourner's Saga
24. Lainy's Musings
25. Barbara F.-
26. carolynUSA
27. Carpe Diem Sweden
28. Jeanne, backyard neighbor
29. Leovi - Chelsea Hotel 2
30. Luna Miranda
31. Linderhof
32. Tina´s PicStory
33. Mika (Photoadik)
34. Taipei City
35. Shannara
36. It's All About Clark
37. Mom's Place
38. Lina, Indonesia
39. JennyHansson
40. Kayce
41. Dorincard: blue framed hare
42. OZ Mini
43. Daygazers Australia
44. Siromade Australia
45. The French Hutch ~ Indian Summer
46. 4U2
47. Robin@DTG
48. Black Eyed Susans Kitchen
49. Headed South
50. Dixie
51. hapzydeco
52. You Pumpkin Head
53. Kim,USA
54. Elaine
55. Visits With Mary
56. Sherry'Your Univited'2nd Honeymoon
57. Debbie at The Paint Splash
58. Cass at That Old House - Beach Cottage
59. Joy- Books and Life
60. KM @ more than seXy
61. Fe's Journey of Life
62. Myrna- October Fum Month
63. Anne

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


32 comments:

Marice said...

Happy Columbus day! Enjoy the holiday!

Dhemz said...

oh,my! I can't imagine those are made of legos...happy Columbus day Sally!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wow those are beautiful! Happy Columbus Day Sally!

Sherrybasherry said...

Love the blues, Sally! ;)

My entries for this week:
Turning 6
Smile!

Happy Monday!

Sara Chapman said...

He looks like a super bright kid and clearly loves you!

LV said...

Two great blues today. Your grandson is a fine looking young man. Those Legos are the big thing now. I have tried to help my great grandson put things together, but too hard for this mind of mine. Take care.

January Zelene said...

Happy Columbus Day to you Sally! :)

Have a wonderful day..

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy Columbus Day,Sally!

xinex said...

I can imagine how much fun your grandson and his friend had, Sally! The blue sky as well as the monument are beautiful!...Christine

Barbara F. said...

Happy Columbus Day, Sally! Beautiful monument of CC. xo

Marie said...

Happy Columbus day Sally!

Mika said...

Happy Columbus day to all!

Long weekend for other people :)

Gin Hansson said...

Happy Columbus day to you Sally... I dont know the history of this man but american deserves a holiday...

Happy monday

Dorincard said...

Happy Monday, Sally! I love LEGO. RAFOL = repressed adult fan of LEGO...See these: http://dorincard.blogspot.com/search?q=lego

The French Hutch said...

Happy Columbus day. Thanks for hosting......

~Emily
The French Hutch

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Gotta love the legos! My son was a lego maniac and so I would scour the yard sales to find him extras...fast forward to now, he just gave our friend and neighbor the little blocks because he is also crazed by the legos. It is great! Happy Monday Sally.

Dixie said...

my adult children still play with Legos... just as I did at their age... we use the excuse that we're playing with our children...but it's the Legos!

happy Blue Monday!
Dixie

My name is Riet said...

Happy Columbus day. I love your blues today

Visits With Mary said...

Great blues Sally. Happy Columbus Day and Happy Blue Monday!

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Great blues Sally. I shared my Grandson this week too.

joyh82 said...

I wish our library was closed on Columbus Day...only seems fair to me..but off to work I go. Happy Blue Monday!

Leovi said...

Delicious photo, a magnificent portrait.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hey!

I somehow got to your other blog, and I panicked, thinking you were back in the hospital. WHEW!

Cute boys and nice blue sky. We have FINALLY gotten rid of the wind from Hades that has been blowing solidly for four straight days. It's enough to drive a sober man to drink! ;-)

XO,

Sheila

Fex said...

Happy Columbus day!

Jeanne said...

Hi Sally, I have been in town most of the day and getting ready to have some blogging friends here this weekend. You know my 'to do' list was very long. There is nothing like company to motivate me into projects I have been putting off. Like 'cleaning'. HA! Painting some deck furniture etc. I'm sorry my comment is so late.
Your grandson and his buddy have to be really loving the Lego display. It looks awesome in the background. Both boys are handsome guys and they look happy.

Happy Columbus Day. I totally forgot it. I have been a bad blogger of late. I'm actually looking forward to being snowed in. I'm dreaming of visiting my heart out. Nice post about Columbus Day Sally.

I hope you are healing and getting stronger. It is a long struggle and I am still praying for your strength to regain my friend.

Love you, Jeanne

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Happy Columbus Day ! Those are two cute boys , especially the one in the blue cap ! ;)

Annesphamily said...

What a lovely post Sally! I like those handsome boys and the mention of Columbus Day was very nice. Thank you. Enjoy the week! Anne

Dinah said...

My first time to join Blue MOnday and am loving it! Love the blues ;-)

Cassiopeia Rises said...

Well Sally, I do not no how to find Mr Linky, I posted a poem on my blog and have all info I will make a code and add to these comments.
my poem


Melanie

Ebie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ebie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lainy said...

Cool blue for this week, Sally.

See yah!