Monday, May 28, 2012

Blue Monday - Basketball Hoop

Welcome! It's Blue Monday! For instructions, just click here.

It's a good idea to check your link to be certain that it's loaded correctly. When typing in your http address, computers sometime "help" by filling it in for you. In some cases, that may mean that you have just loaded in your LAST link and not the one you would wish. Oops!

Visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links and wishing them a Happy Blue Monday! BTW, I love comments too. Thank you for leaving me one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today is Memorial Day. We remember; our flag is up.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On our never-ending search for items of Blue, we spotted this portable basketball hoop a few blocks from our house. Of course, I'm also showing you the beautiful Florida Blue sky. We're experiencing a terrible drought, so we see plenty of these pretty skies!



What? The portable basketball hoop doesn't look very Blue to you?

Well, here's a closer shot. Can you see the Blue outlining the backboard with a square of Blue in the center?




The question of the day is, do you find portable basketball hoops placed in driveways attractive or eyesores?

Happy Blue Monday!


1. J.Rye
2. Macadamia Nut Cookies
3. iShoppe
4. Rose
5. ROC, USA
6. LaVoice
7. RobinfromCA
8. Aktuella bilder, Sweden
9. Gardening with Kids
10. Chubskulit
11. Min fotoblog
12. SwedishCorner - DownUnder
13. Gittan Sweden
14. mizhelle
15. Jeanne, backyard neighbor
16. Riet, Holland
17. Grace-Kids Turf
18. Leovi - Drifting into my solitude
19. Hyde Daily Photo
20. Anni, Sweden
21. Annette
22. HansHB
23. Christine
24. Marleen, The Netherlands
25. 4U2
26. Magical Mystical Teacher
27. Carol Ann - Blue Trimmed Church
28. Jim, Sydney, Australia
29. Magical Mystical Teacher #2
30. Rosewalk Cottage
31. Rita aka Cashjocky
32. Tina´s PicStory
33. LadyD
34. Cashjocky
35. Leovi - Nightmare
36. GVK. Chennai, India
37. Jackie/Jake
38. Luna Miranda
39. Christine
40. Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
41. Lina
42. Hyacinths for the Soul
43. twiggy
44. Barbara F.
45. Schotzy @ Wings of Eagles
46. alexa in nyc, usa
47. hapzydeco
48. Adin B
49. Myrna-My Enchanted Home
50. Cat
51. Loui♥
52. John McElveen
53. meoww
54. jheylo
55. Dinah
56. The Rebel Sweetheart

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

38 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Blue it is, we soot basketball today too!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Happy Blue Monday, Sally!
Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Already Monday afternoon here :)
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Marice said...

Happy long weekend Sally!

Anni said...

Basketball hoops are not as common here in Sweden as they seem to be in the States.
Happy Blue Monday!

Gerald (SK14) said...

well it isn't something you see around here - I don't think anyone would put one on a driveway - if anywhere they'd put them in a back garden.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Happy Blue Monday and
Happy Memorial Day!

xinex said...

I love the blue Memorial sign, Sally. tghe hoop is perfect too. Happy Memorial Day!..Christine

Marleen said...

Happy blue monday!

4U2 said...

Have a nice blue monday!

Carol Ann said...

Happy Blue Monday! To answer your question: houses in my neighborhood are all different and set back at different lenghts from the street, so the basketball hoops aren't really noticeable. Thanks for hosting!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The blue basketball hoop is charming. Enjoy your holiday celebration!

Clara said...

Happy Blue Monday Sally. Thank you for hosting.
~Clara

LadyD Piano said...

I see the standing hoops everywhere but have never owned one. When the kiddos were young, we had a backboard and net over the garage door. Have a lovely Monday Sally!

My name is Riet said...

Happy Blue Monday Sally. Love your blue

Vores have said...

Great pictures you show.
Have a good second Pentecost.
Hanne Bente / hbt.finus.dk

Anonymous said...

The blue on the flag is one of the best blues ever!

I don't think portable basketball hoops are any more of an eyesore than the built-in ones, and the portable ones are more easily taken down and disposed of when they do get to be an eyesore.

Unknown said...

as long as it stays in the driveway...here, some genius put in on the side of the road.

Happy Memorial Day!

Fashion Momma said...

Happy Blue Monday Sally!

My Blue Monday.

Lina Gustina said...

That's really a blue basketball hoop.
It's a portable one, I don't mind if it's placed in driveways. I can easily move it away :)

http://www.1sthappyfamily.com/2012/05/sunday-family-lunch.html

Barbara F. said...

Hi Sally, Happy Red White & BLUE Monday! Hope your weekend is going well. I am late but made it this week. xo

LV said...

Sally, I think you did very well in locating some blues. I am never without my camera in case I see something. I do not like the basketball hoops near the driveways. I think it is kinda tacky.

Alexa said...

Hope you're having good weather for your long holiday weekend, Sally!

Sarah said...

Sally, blue skies are great, but sorry to hear you are expecting drought conditions. We've been fighting that for two years. Last summer was the worst, and everyone is hopeful that this summer may be a little better. We've had some rain, but could use more.
Basketball hoops in a driveway ~ I'd rather see them further back in a driveway out of sight. But if kids are really using them, I say GREAT!
Thanks for hosting and Happy Blue Monday! ~ Sarah

Leovi said...

Schönen blauen Himmel mit köstlich. Schöne Fotos. Grüße.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Happy Memorial Day !
Happy Blue Monday!

Gypsea Nurse said...

Happy Blue Monday Sally!! It has been awhile! Glad to be back!!!
xoxox
Cat

HansHB said...

Happy Blue Monday!

Loui♥ said...

HI Sally!
sorry to be so late.
life happens..
today was no exception!
basketball hoops..
altho my grandson plays with a team....
following the footsteps of his father and grandfather...
who both played..
and earned college scholarships!
I detest seeing the portables in driveways...
but even more often....
out in the streets!
I prefer keeping the kids out of streets...
but that job..
is up to their parents..
not me...
"the mean old lady across the street"!.
enjoy your day!
hugs Loui♥

Jeanne said...

Happy Memorial Day Sally. It has been a lazy day for us because we have been helping my sister move and her son and his family move into her home. What a week. Yesterday I was in Atlanta for my great Niece's HS graduation. It was a lovely day.

Basketball hoops do not bother me as long as they are being used. I think it is healthy for kids to have fun at home in their own yards. However, when there is little or no basketball going on it is time to take them down.

The Florida blue skies are beautiful. We too have had great weather and plenty of sun and blue skies. There is just enough rain to keep the greenery happy.

Take care my dear friend and thanks for our Blue Monday party.
Love, Jeanne

Full-On-Forward said...

Wonderful start to a Wonderful Holiday!

Love ya,

John

Meoww said...

First timer for this blue monday site. Hoping to continue for a long time. Enjoyed pics.

Dinah said...

my eldest son would kill for those hoops! he would say they are a beauty to behold, ha ha!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Sally, Happy Memorial Day! I don't mind portable basketball hoops. Hey, I say anything that can get the kids outside is well worth it.
Hugs,
Jann

Czjai said...

I made it, seven minutes before the linky closes! Haha!
Happy Blue Monday! :)

Betty Stapleton said...

Hi Sally
I did a link with your page before I had mine completed and don't see it on the list.Messed up something, just when I think I have it figured out, if anyone wants to share my site it's
teacoziecottage.blogspot.ca

michie scott said...

i cannot find mr linky to post my share.

Fashion Momma said...

Sorry about forgetting to link. It's done now.

Annesphamily said...

I am coming back June3rd. I have been under the weather with my bad knee! But once I get it scoped I know I will do better.
You always have such wonderful posts. Thanks for sharing this. Hugs Anne