Monday, May 21, 2012

Blue Monday - Dermatologist Delight

Welcome! It's Blue Monday! For complete instructions, just click here.

Check your link to make certain it works correctly.

Please visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links and wishing them a Happy Blue Monday!

I promise to visit you to see your blues, and I'll leave a comment. Since I comments too, please leave one for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Johnny worked outside in sunny South Florida most of his life, and because of his exposure to the sun, he now has to be checked by a dermatologist every six months. Recently, he had to have a skin cancer removed from his back. It was done as an outpatient at the doctor's office. I went along with him and look what I spotted in the waiting room! A curio cabinet chock full of Blue Glass and Blue medicine tubes! I tell you, Blue is everywhere.



Johnny had his stitches removed this past Friday, and was told that the "margins were clear," which means that the doctor succeeded in removing all of the cancer. Hooray!

Happy Blue Monday!


1. Chubskulit
2. Spice Up Your Life
3. Blues in the Graden
4. Persona's Eye View
5. iShoppe
6. Jim, Sydney, Australia
7. Rose
8. Kids e-Connection
9. Rajesh, India
10. Crab Apple
11. Loui♥
12. Leah H.
13. XyeXyrus
14. SwedishCorner-DownUnder
15. GITTAN SWEDEN
16. Aktuella bilder, Sweden
17. alexa in nyc, usa
18. Riet, Holland
19. Tina´s PicStory
20. Jeanne, backyard neighbor
21. LaVoice
22. Min fotoblog
23. JanzCrystalz
24. GVK. Chennai, India
25. Luna Miranda
26. Magical Mystical Teacher
27. Kim,USA
28. Hyde Daily Photo
29. Patriotic Decorations
30. Leovi - Lay your head down in my arms
31. The Rebel Sweetheart
32. Pie
33. mizhelle
34. Eden, Australia
35. Carol Ann - Quick Visit
36. Jessica Cassidy
37. Beverly @How Sweet The Sound
38. Jackie/Jake
39. Anything About Bella
40. The French Hutch
41. The Woman In Me
42. Sweet Nothings
43. LadyD
44. Lina
45. Karen, Pixel Posts
46. dana of the stone rabbit
47. 4U2 Sweden
48. Leovi - Look me beyond the scars
49. Cottage Blue Chocolate Box
50. hapzydeco
51. Amber--Mmm :)
52. Diann @ The thrifty Groove
53. Elaine
54. Hot Air Balloon
55. Marleen, The Netherlands
56. Dimple
57. jheylo
58. Adin B
59. Susan @ My Place to Yours
60. Joy@Books and Life
61. John McElveen

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


42 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

I love that!

Jim said...

Good news. I do like that glass cabinet.

Loui♥ said...

Hi Sally..
beautiful blues..
I totally understand what Johnny is experiencing..
being a Florida girl,
I too have to be checked frequently by my dermatologist..
had two removed in the past 6months..
one on my nose in the grove between cheek and nostril,
and the other in my hairline on the left temple.
both were tiny little things..
but the craters the left were nearly Quarter size!..
bottom line..
I heed the Dr's instructions,:
use heavy duty sunscreen..
and stay out of the sun for prolonged periods of time!
hugs..
Loui♥

cassandrasminicorner said...

Thank's GOD! Glad to know that it was all removed, hope it will never come back anymore..

My Blue is up now:)

http://appleduffle.com/2012/05/lawn-mowers-manual.html

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Happy Blue Monday, Sally!
Thanks for hosting :)
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Alexa said...

That's excellent news, Sally. I love the way you find blue everywhere (even when you obviously have other things on your mind)!

My name is Riet said...

Good news Sally, congratulations. LOve all that blue. Happy blue MOnnday

Jeanne said...

Hi Sally, I had to link twice because the first one was blank. ??? Remove it if you care to.
I'm so glad Johnny's back has no more skin cancer. Bill has gone through the same thing several times. I had one removed from my nose. The sun is not our friend if we are in it very long.

Imagine a cabinet full of pretty blue where you were. Having your camera handy was very smart. Smile.

I am sorry I missed last Mon for posting. We were running the roads quite a bit and time got away from me. Missing you BM was a first.

Happy days to you and yours dear Sally.
Love, Jeanne

Unknown said...

what great news! i used to get exposed to the sun without any protection when i was younger. now i know better.

have a great week!

Gerald (SK14) said...

Quite an eyecatching display.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sally,
So happy to hear that your husband received good news.
Love the cobalt blue glass. Thanks so much for hosting!

Hugs,
Debbie

Vores have said...

Beautiful picture you show.
Wishing you a great Blue Monday.
Hanne Bente / hbt.finus.dk

Czjai said...

What a nice display of blues!
Happy Monday!

Fashion Momma said...

Beautiful blue!

My Blue Monday.

Marice said...

Hope he gets well soon! Great display btw!

Eden said...

That's a great news, Sally!

Carol Ann said...

Good news and you found blue too! Have a great Monday and thanks for hosting!

Beverly said...

Happy Blue Monday, dear Sally. I'm glad Johnny got a good report. I just had one removed from my arm.

That was a nice treat to find blues in the waiting room.♥

Jessica said...

Ms. Sally hope Mr. Johnny skin's is fine :-) what a beautiful curio :-) Thank you for hosting the Blue Monday

http://www.kandhistools.com/pond-looks-beautiful/

Rovie said...

Cool cabinet with blue stuff...

Joining here Sally. Happy Blue Monday!

http://www.travelandfashionquest.com/2012/05/snake-island-in-palawan.html

http://www.aboutbella.com/2012/05/our-little-helper.html

Thanks!

The French Hutch said...

Hi Sally, I'm so happy to hear your good news for Johnny. I make sure to use plenty of sunscreen when in the sun, a hat or visor helps shade the face. You found some lovely blues to share this week. Thanks for hosting.

~Emily
The French Hutch

bj said...

So glad to hear Johnny is rid of the cancer. Mr. Sweet has had many removed...he worked outside most of his life.
Love the blues for this week.
xo bj

LadyD Piano said...

It's amazing how we're surrounded by so much blue. Thanks for sharing the good news. I rejoice with you!

Anonymous said...

So glad the cancer was all removed. Love all the blues!

Lina Gustina said...

Glad to hear a good news! The glass cabinet and the stuffs inside look beautiful.

http://www.1sthappyfamily.com/2012/05/blue-roses.html

Karen said...

So glad to hear the good news Sally!
That's a fancy cabinet for a doctor's office!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blue Monday, Sally!

Such good news from the doc for your hubby!!

That is a gorgeous display of blue in the office!

Hope all is going well for you.

dana

Anonymous said...

Hi, so glad you found something lovely in the derm's office! Fascinating objects, too! Thanks for hostessing the party, I linked a Whitman's chocolate box I made into a cottage blue gift box. Hugs ~ Mary

Diann said...

Glad to hear everything went okay with your hubby Sally! That cabinet is filled with beautiful blue glass. Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week!

Barbara F. said...

Hi Sally, glad all is well with your hubby. That is a nice cabinet filled with beautiful blue objects. Have a wonderful week. xo

Marleen said...

hi Sally, good news. I like the blue in your picture!

Dimple said...

Wonderful blues!
Hooray for the news!

Blessings!

Judi said...

Hi Sally *hugs*
All good news. Wonderful that it was taken care of.
The blue cabinet pieces are lovely.
I hope you've been well and enjoying nice weather. *hugs*

I have a new computer now and that should help me with blogging...just need to make a bit more time and then the computer can zip away and visit.

I'm having a GIVEAWAY...come by and visit and enter!
Judi

mommy Orkid Belle said...

It's Blue-tiful! LOL! Yaye to the doctor who succeeded doing to operation. That's good news to hear Johnny's doing good.

joyh82 said...

That worked out perfect for Blue Monday!

Leovi said...

Beautiful blue glass bottle.

Full-On-Forward said...

LOVING IT SALLY!! LOVING IT AS ALWAYS!!!

HUGS,

JOHN

LV said...

I clearly understand what your Johnny went through. I have to go every 6 months as well. I inherited the skin cancers from my grandparents. I have been fortunate so far not to have any surgery. I have been in doctor's office most of the day is why I am late visiting. I had a bad allergy reaction.

Cathy said...

Very pretty ~ Praying for your Johnny, and that you are doing well.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Woohoo, don't ya just love it when the news is good?

Leave it to you to fine blue in a Dr.'s office and blue you did find!

I love the way the light shines through the glass in the curio! Great capture Miss Sally.

Have a fantastically blessed day sweet lady!!! :o)

Maria said...

Hi, Sally, if this is a dupblicate comment I apologize...it seemed to kick me out for some reason...anyways...love your Blue Monday challenge...hope to participate...do you do reminders? lol...I'm a little absent minded..I love blue and for Monday it's perfect! Smiles, Maria from Seattle

Annesphamily said...

God Bless Johnny! I am happy to know the margins are clear! :)

I love that curio full of blue! So sweet!

Always a beautiful share here. Thanks Sally!