Friday, July 10, 2009

Tulips, Award, & Tag

The Tulip Award


On July 7th, Ita at Something to Share shared this beautiful Tulip Award with her blogging buddies. It comes with a tag. Questions must be answered. I really love tulips, and I don't yet have this award, so here goes!


1. YOUR NICKNAME - Sally. My "real" name is Sara. Sally is the standard nickname for Sara. No one has ever called me Sara. The nickname my father gave me was "Sassy." Johnny calls me "Babe."

2. YOU ARE - a cheerful person who enjoys life and family.

3. YOUR MOST SPECIAL PERSON - Johnny, my husband.

4. YOUR FAVORITE SONG - It Is Well with My Soul especially the third verse:
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

5. YOUR FAVORITE FOOD/DISH - anything sweet ... particularly ice cream.

6. THINGS THAT MAKE YOU STRESS - anything I cannot physically accomplish. As I get older, I am less able to do what I used to do with ease.

7. YOUR FAVOURITE COLOR - blue, but you knew that. I think purple is a close second; actually, purple has blue in it.



8. THINGS THAT YOU MUST HAVE IN YOUR BAG - driver's license, lipstick, tissues, pen, paper, money, credit card.

9. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED - when I read the anniversary card Johnny gave me.

10. TAG SIX OF YOUR FRIENDS - I break rules, so I hereby tag everyone who reads this IF you choose to stop to smell the tulips!

21 comments:

Judi said...

Good Morning Sally
Thats a lovely award..congratulations. I enjoyed reading all about you. I didn't know about Sara and Sally. Thank you for sharing.

We sure haven't begged for rain around here..*sigh*. It has been so with us since May. So far this morning however it looks bright. :o)

Have a lovely weekend.
Judi

ItaJeff said...

Hi Sally..
I love to read this posting..I get to know you much better :-)

Have a nice day :-)

Lots of luv,
Ita

ItaJeff said...

Hi Sally..
I love to read this posting..I get to know you much better :-)

Have a nice day :-)

Lots of luv,
Ita

Anonymous said...

Sally,how are you liking Lutz? I am off today if you would like to do lunch? I am not far fromj your apt.
I will not be hurt if you have to give me a "Rain Check"
Kay

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Good morning, Sara, my favorite name. My Mom was named Sara after her Grandma who's name was Sara but they called her Sally.
Great award and interesting post. I love to learn the little things about my friends.
Molly

Tootsie said...

I love to learn about my blog friends!!! Have a wonderful weekend Sally....I don't think I will have time in the immediate future for the tag...but thanks for the award!!! My oldest turns 10 today...and the weekend is full of friends and family parties, boating, cleaning etc!!! you know the drill...take care friend!

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Most Smiling One! Oh, congratulations on your tulip award! I love tulips too! I think they are the perfect flower! OH, you sentimental one you! I love hearing more about you!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Shelia :)

gin said...

congrats on the lovely award. I'm surprised to learn your name is Sara. I think Smiling Sally fits you so perfect. I enjoy checking out your blog everyday.

April said...

Congrats on your award, Sally! I'm addicted to sweets, too...especially, CHOCOLATE!

Salmagundi said...

Growing up I always wanted my name to be Sara; but no, mine is just Sally. Have a great weekend. Sally

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally! I'm back to tell you I've entered your name in my giveaway!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Barbara H. said...

I never knew Sally was a nickname for Sara. Love that hymn.

This looks like fun!I might try to do it next week.

Musings of A Minister said...

Congratulations. I loved this further little insight into who you are. Very interesting. Blue and ice cream--right on!

Becky K. said...

I love how much you love your husband. It is so very touching!

Becky K.

Shimmy Mom said...

Great tag. I love learning more about people.
I like your song.
Congrats on your award.
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award Sally. It was fun to read the meme. Your song is beautiful :>) I hope you have a great weekend.

Dixie said...

wall darned if I don't learn something new every time I come to see you! I never knew that Sally was a nickname for Sara? They are such different names and evoke such different people expectations... I like Sally... she's a happy gal full of life... and that IS you Miss Sally...

bj said...

Hi, Sweet Sally...I think it is pretty dang special that you still love your Johnny so much after all the years you've been together. So many times when a girl of barely 17
marries, it is a hard thing to keep everything going good. You did it....Way to go, Smiling Sally.
I admire you very much for that and for a lot more of your personality that shines thru your blogging.

xinex said...

Beautiful award, Sally, Congrats! So nice to know more about you...Christine

ItaJeff said...

Hi Sally, it's me again. You have another award waiting for you at my blog, please feel free to take it and hope you'll like it.

Lots of luv,
Ita

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your award! You deserve it! Whether I do or not, I added it to my own blog, too, and tagged some friends.

Enjoy!