1. Post about something blue on your blog. It can be pretty, ugly, funny, old, or new as long as it's blue. Leave a link to this blog on your post.
2. Place the Blue Monday button on the top of your post so that people can easily spot it. Place another Blue Monday button on the sidebar of your blog.
3. Return here and link in with Mr. Linky by leaving your name and the Permalink to your post. To create a Permalink, click on your Blue Monday post title and copy all the stuff in the http window. It is a longer address so that people can find your post even later in the week--whenever they get a chance to visit. For those who just can't wait, Mr. Linky will be up after midnight!
Do NOT link in until after your post is up.
4. Visit other Blue participants by clicking on their links. Make someone's day; leave a comment. I appreciate it when you take the time to leave a comment for me.
5. Check back later to make certain you visit all the Blue participants. (That's why the Permalink is so important.)
This is one of my most precious Christmas pieces. It's not very well made, and it's not the most attractive thing I own. It's been broken and repaired more times than I care to remember. But my mother made it especially for me in 1972. Notice the blue, her favorite color, and she knew that it was my favorite color too. I keep it on top of my little roll-top desk in my Living Room.
I used to hold my granddaughter on my lap when she was only nine months old, and let her touch the pieces while I named them over and over for her. Her mother couldn't believe that I allowed Lauren to touch each piece, but she only touched while she was in my lap. She never broke a thing. Lauren is now nineteen years old, and every year when I unpack these pieces, I remember my mother making this for me and those special times with Lauren.
Three years ago, I found this figurine of the flight into Egypt. I couldn't resist getting it. It's sitting on top of the chairside chest in my Family Room.
|1. Lana G!|
2. Anne Fannie
3. ellen b
6. claudie from canada
8. The Muse
9. Kim: mom-musings
14. Mamapippa - Belgium
19. Mojo, NC, USA
20. White Iris Designs
31. charli and me
32. JLS Hall
33. Melissa\'s Cozy Teacup
34. Pagan Sphinx