Friday, November 7, 2008

Proper Placement for New Hires

1. Put 400 bricks in a closed room.

2. Put your new hires in the room and close the door.

3. Leave them alone and come back after 6 hours.

4. Then analyze the situation:



If they are counting the bricks, put them in the Accounting Department.

If they are recounting them, put them in Auditing.

If they have messed up the whole place with the bricks, put them in Engineering.

If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order, put them in Planning.

If they are throwing the bricks at each other, put them in Operations.

If they are sleeping, put them in Security.

If they have broken the bricks into pieces, put them in Information Technology.

If they are sitting idle, put them in Human Resources.

If they say they tried different combinations, they are looking for more, yet not a brick has been moved, put them in Sales.

If they have already left for the day, put them in Management.

If they are staring out of the window, put them in Strategic Planning.

If they are talking to each other, and not a single brick has been moved, congratulate them and put them in Top Management.

Finally, if they have surrounded themselves in such a way that they can neither be seen nor heard from, put them in Congress.


26 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sally,
I always enjoy your jokes! They put a smile on my face.
Diane

Needled Mom said...

Very cute. I love it.

ROXY said...

You come up with the best jokes. My husband loves your zingers!!

Anonymous said...

You're a hoot, girl! This is one I must give to Mr. Precious. Now, Sally, my sistah, are you being sarcastic with me this morning? lol
Be a sweetie, I think!
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Sally
Yikes...there is so much truth in that isn't there...well at least that is the way those occupants of those occupations are so easily perceived. Love it!
Have a great day..and weekend.
Judi

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Funny!! Guess you have it all planned out!! Now if you just ran a company?? smile.
Hope you are doing great today!!

Danielle said...

Hmmm...I think this is a time tested and how companies are performing their hiring... :)

bj said...

hee hee hee...you are such a hoot, Sally girl...I get the sense that you have a dry sense of humor...bet you crack everyone up all the time. You sure do here in Blogland...
love, bj

letterstoelijah said...

how true! very cute :)

LarryG said...

cool post, no fillin?
:)
have a great weekend
See my Fill-in

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Sally, love your joke this morning!.....
Have a great weekend and thank you for that thank you card! You are so special!
Love, Ann

Knitty said...

Funny, and more than a little true!

Bellezza said...

Hilarious! I don't know much about the business world, but I would venture to say my husband would agree with every word of this.

all day (allen d) said...

funny, funny! I like the upper management one!

Anonymous said...

oh Sally, that's funny. I think I would be in Top Management.

Kathy b

Anonymous said...

That is funny LOL

Anonymous said...

very cute!! hugs and prayers...

Barry said...

You know, that idea is so crazy it just might work!

squawmama said...

That was so incredibly funny...you really come up with some good ones girlfriend... Keep them comming... Have a great one Sally..


(((HUGS)))
Donna

Salmagundi said...

Funny analysis, but so true! Sally

Anonymous said...

Sally, did I not visit you yesterday? I love your brick analogy. Good find! It gave me a chuckle.

Hugs...Jeanne

Connie said...

Sal, you cracked me up with that one, sweetpea!! It is sooooooo true though!
Smooches,
Connie

Darlene said...

Hehehehehe...that was FUNNY!!!

Patty said...

I love this!

Cherdecor said...

I had to show this one to my husband since he hires people in the Associated Builders and Contractors business. He liked it.

Libby's Library said...

This is funny! Really brightened my day.