Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Awards & Tags

Robyn at There's Always Thyme for... shared this tag and these following two awards.

Six Things I Value (in no particular order):

1. My Savior

2. My husband and family

3. Blogging (and blogging friends)

4. My church (and church family)

5. My computer--a Mac, of course!

6. The ability to read without glasses (books, books, and more books!)


Six Things That I Don't Value (in no particular order):

1. Rude people

2. Computerized phone calls

3. Cell phone conversations in public places

4. Dishonesty

5. Violence

6. Commercials (on TV, radio, internet, billboards, etc.)


```````````


```````````


I met Edna at Pink Saturday. She prefers being called Ed and her blog site is Ed's Place shared the following two awards:


```````````

```````````


Darlene at Darlene's Days shared these next two awards:

First, I must list three things I love about myself. (Ouch! This is tough!)

1. I'm a positive-thinking person. My glass is always half full.

2. I try to do my best.

3. I am a good blogging buddy because I visit and comment often.


```````````
```````````


Diane from Crafty Passions presented the following award:

This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day.

The rules to follow are :
1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person that has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2) Pass the award to other 15 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment. Remember to contact each of them to let them know they have been chosen for this award. Now, folks at this point, I rebel. I am not taking time to link 15 people! Shh! Don't tell Diane!

```````````


Bridget at here shared the next two awards:



Friendship Award came with these questions to answer:

Do you have the same friends from childhood?
I married at seventeen, moved around a lot, and just lost touch.

Are your friends sounding boards?
Not so much; that's what Johnny is for.

What is your favorite activity to share with your friends?
Talking on the telephone or doing lunch.

```````````

The Blogger Friend Award is for reading her post the day before and commenting--an easy chore for me!
```````````


Alaura at Cottage Rose shared this Marie Antonette Award with the first seven people to leave her comments. Lucky me, I was there at the right time! Then, Judi at Judi Creations shared the same award! Next, Charlotte at At Home in Scottsdale presented me with it. Isn't it pretty?


```````````


Awards are fun to give and to receive. An award is a bit of Blogger love, and we all need more love. If you're reading this and making a comment, please accept these awards as an expression of my love for you.

And I'm adding this joke to thank you for patiently going through this long post.


Too Much Blogging = Tumor
```````````

Check out the sidebar for more BOOK GIVEAWAYS!

```````````


27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly Girl, that's a ton of awards. A big congratulations. I will take some of them that you offered. And I thank you for that. I agree about giving awards out to our friends here in Blogland. I will be adding these to my Awards Slide. You have a nice day sweetie.

Hugs,
Chris

squawmama said...

Good Lord Gertie... That is a ton of awards... I have never seen so many bestowed on one person at the same time.... Congrats on all of them... We all knew you were special... I will take a couple of them... Thanks for passing them on. Have a wonderful Day...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Missy Wertz said...

Congrats on all the awards Sally! Love the comic too. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Sally
Congratulations..congratulations to you. You deserve them all Sally. Thank you for passing them along. I treasure our friendship and I treasure awards. Nice.

I like that joke though there is so much truth in it. I catch myself saying "I'll be right there you know its Pink Saturday!"... I have to take a blue picture.."stop the car!!!" "I have to check on someone...something happened on their blog yesterday".. its a big part of our lives by now isn't it? Special.

Have a lovely day
Judi

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all the awards!!

My lists of values would be much the same (except I don't have a Mac. :-) )

I did your Thanksgiving meme today!

Needled Mom said...

That is one fine collection of awards.....congratulations. You certainly deserve them.

I am jealous that you can read without glasses! I hope it stays that way. :)

Dawn said...

What an abundance of awards you have there. Congratulations on receiving them all!!!!

I've worn glasses since I was 12 years old. I've always been able to read without my glasses. I have been able to read with them on too, but as of late my vision has changed. I have to take my glasses off to read now. UGH!

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

you rock!!! congrats on the awards! lol...that is so me in the cartoon!! live or die, i gotta blog!!! hugs and prayers...

Salmagundi said...

Congratulations on all of the awards - such a variety and all well deserved. You are such a faithful blogger!! Sally

Anonymous said...

Can I associate with you today, most honored one!! Whew, congratulations on all these awards!! So many, so little time!! I love that little cartoon. I can understand this!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

bj said...

Dear Sally girl...you have such a sweet spirit..I am so glad I met you in Blogland...
Congratulations on all these lovely awards...you are very deserving as everyone here loves you dearly!
Oh, and nope, i'm not getting a sink for Christmas...our cruise was our early Christmas to each other...and it will serve as a gift for years to come, as far as I'm concerned. So marvelous!!
A sink might come later next summer...planning a new counter top and sink at that time. We are on such a tight budget...SS, ya know...We have to plan and save for big projects...
love, bj

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Congrats on your tonload of awards! You deserve every one of them! love that comic!

Coloradolady said...

Congrats. Lots of great awards there. Much deserved. Cute comic strip too. Made me laugh.

Shimmy Mom said...

Congrats on all your awards! I value the same things that you do. We have so much to be thankful for.
*hugs*

Cathy said...

Goodness, Sally, you are very popular getting all those awards! And yes, you are a good blogging friend, commenting like you do. :o)
You are a sweet friend.

Anonymous said...

Good grief girl. You are loved and honored and I couldn't agree more that you have earned each one. Your meme was fun to read and your self questions are wisely answered. You are to be congratulated Sally.

I love your humor with the joke you posted. Do you think we are that dedicated? Maybe so.

Hugs...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

So many awards !!! Its fantastic!
Love the blog joke it makes me smile
Diane

Linda said...

So many awards...a great big congratulations!!! I feel I have slipped drastically with one of your things you love about yourself (a good blogging buddy) Since I was sick it's been hard getting back into blogging....but I'm working on it.

I soooo agree with your computerized phone calls!!! That really bugs me!

Cute cartoon!

sara said...

that is a lot of awards!! But I will say you are a good blogging friend....I always like to see your comments!

I also like talking on the phone and going to lunch!

Did you really get married at 17? My son is 17 and seriously dating someone........that was refreshing to hear!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Sally,
congratulations on your awards! And I have to agree...you are a great blogging friend! I look forward to reading your comments!
diane

imjacobsmom said...

Sally, If anyone deserves all these awards its you! Cute cartoon, BTW! Hope you are having a great day! ~ Robyn

Anonymous said...

My goodness, these are a lot of awards, and I'm pleased you received every one of them. Everybody loves a positive person with a great sense of humor, and you certainly qualify. The two sets of six things at the beginning of the post could have been said by me except the one about being able to read without glasses. I haven't been able to do that for over 20 years.
Hugs & blessings,
Charlotte

nikkicrumpet said...

WHOA NELLY!! That is a heap of awards!! And much earned for sure! I'm scared about that blogging tumor...freak I am in so much trouble!!!

Bellezza said...

I haven't known you long, but I agree that you are an awesome blogger. You are so sweet to visit, and leave your insightful comments. I look forward to continued blogging friendship with you, my fellow blogging/teaching/reading/faith-building friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally,
Congratulations on all of your pretty awards. I loved the joke that you included in your post. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Killlashandra said...

Congrats on all those great awards. However, your cartoon at the end totally made me smile. ;)

Bonnie said...

Sally, Congrats on the wonderful awards you have received!!! I can see you are a great blog friend that is very much appreciated. I love the graphics on so many of the awards also. Love the blog cartoon,LOL!!