Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the person who tagged you know your entry is up.
1. I am a twin. My twin is my brother, and several times throughout my life, people have asked if we were identical! I always answer, "No, he was born with blue booties, while mine were pink." (Fraternal twins, come from two separate sperms and two separate eggs.) And a bonus fact: I married an identical twin! No, we did not have twins; we had two single births, and all seven of our grandchildren were single births.
2. After my children were grown and gone, I started college, and I got to live my childhood dream of becoming a classroom teacher. I have a print of this painting by Norman Rockwell hanging in my home. It's titled, "Surprise." My classroom looked different than this one; I taught high school.
3. Most of my life, I bit my fingernails until they bled. At around age 40, I stopped; I just decided to have pretty nails! I put a clear coat of nail polish on every day, and that helped me remember not to bite. I grew my nails long. Today my fingernails are never without polish--usually mauve.
4. I've had both of my knees replaced--total knee replacements--two separate operations. Ouch! Ouch!
5. I love dachshunds. I laugh just to watch them walk or run; they have a way of jiggling side to side. Through the years, we've had two--one lived for twelve years and the second lived for fifteen and a half years. Now we only have three dachshund granddogs. No more for us. Each year we have a local weiner dog parade. Hundreds of these cuties turn out for the parade and get in the newspapers and on local TV.
6. I'm a wimp! I have nightmares if I watch anything scarey on TV or in the movies, so I won't go see films like The Dark Knight. For the same reason, I avoid reading books or newspaper stories about man's inhumanity to man.
Here are the six
Judi at judicreations
Rachel at rlscovens
Kelli at kelli in real life
Linda at 2nd cup of coffee
Sally at salmagundi
Linda at linda n jake